- Job role
- Teaching assistant
- Working pattern
- Full time
29 hours 35 minutes per week term time only
- Contract type
- £13,205 - £13,741
Westacre has a team of Teaching Assistants who work in a variety of ways supporting the teaching and learning of pupils. It is anticipated that the post will involve supporting children across our year groups. The successful candidate will be expected to work 8.15 am – 3.00 pm Monday – Friday to include one break duty per week of 15 minutes and to be part of the Lunchtime Supervisor team three times a week during lunch breaks on a rota basis. Many of our Teaching Assistants also run an after school activity club, in pairs, once a week which is paid in addition to their role.
The post will include:
• Working in classes under the direction of a teacher supporting small groups
• Withdrawing small groups/individuals for part of a lesson to give one to one focused support
• Preparing and organising resources to support small group teaching as required
• Delivering bespoke and specialist interventions to support children with additional needs
• Supporting the work of our year leaders by undertaking administrative work
• Contributing to the school’s environment by displaying children’s work to its best advantage
• Supervising children during break and lunchtimes on the playground and in the lunch hall
• Contributing to an after school club activity
The person appointed will be able to work as part of a team in a flexible role, work under their own initiative, have patience and understanding as well as a sense of humour. Westacre is a friendly and welcoming school and we look forward to hearing from you.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS clearance certificate.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.