Upper Pay Scale plus TLR
Thameside Primary is seeking an ambitious and talented practitioner with experience of monitoring teaching and learning and with experience of successfully leading improvement and raising standards in their subject area.
We are looking for:
• An outstanding classroom practitioner to be responsible for leading and managing our lower KS2 team
• A person to work in partnership with the Headteacher and the rest of the Senior Leadership Team to raise standards of achievement for all
• A person who has a clear focus on ensuring high quality education for all our children
Thameside Primary is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school.
• A person who has effective communication skills and is committed to developing strong working relationships with staff, pupils, families and extended partners
We will offer:
• A supportive environment to develop and grow your skills and strengths in leadership
• A dedicated team of talented and caring staff
• A welcoming, friendly, inclusive and culturally diverse school
Applying for the job
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack.
More on how to apply
Please do not send a CV. To ensure equal opportunities we only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Local authority maintained school
403 pupils enrolled
5 to 11
About Thameside Primary School
Situated in the heart of Caversham, we are an extension of our diverse local community with more than 30 languages spoken here.
We are very proud of our inclusive nature and believe that every child – whatever their ability or background - deserves the best possible start in life.
'This is a highly inclusive school. Pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) are supported incredibly well.' Ofsted November 2019
Children at Thameside Primary School are taught how to value themselves, their families, other relationships and the environment in which they live. We teach children at Thameside to value all types of families and believe in acceptance without exception.
We work collaboratively within the North Reading Schools Partnership to ensure that all our staff have access to high quality training opportunities, which lead to better provision for our children.
'Every pupil is important in this school. Pupils are cared for and feel safe and happy.' Ofsted November 2019
Arranging a visit to Thameside Primary School
Contact Mrs Evans on 01189375551