About this Role
38.5 hours per week, Term time - 39 weeks a year
Fixed-term until 21st August 2024
About the position:
Millgate School is a SEN school for children aged 7-16 with social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
This is a challenging role, but the rewards are incomparable to any other job. You will be working in an environment where the little things that you do every day could have life-changing results. Your ambition for the young people you support will help them take steps to fulfilling their potential.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a NVQ level 4 or equivalent qualification e.g. foundation degree
• Experience of planning schemes of work, lesson plans and offsite visits etc.
• Knowledge of child protection, health and safety procedures and their application in a school setting.
• Ability to lead, motivate and develop a group of staff
• Ability to use assessment information for future planning and target setting for individual or groups of children.
What we offer:
- Flexible working options
- Support for continuous professional
development in the role
- Opportunities to visit other
organisations for professional learning
- Highly committed and motivated Team
- A role which has the opportunity to make
a real difference whilst having fun
- Free car parking
- Annual incremental pay increases with the
pay scale range
- A defined benefit pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme - EAP
- Employee self-service portal.
- Eyecare voucher scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discounts
- Dental support
- Gym discount
- Be an integral member of the team in a vibrant school
- Create an outstanding learning environment for the success of all of our
- Play a significant part in continuing to develop our school
- Be part of a wider community of Discovery Schools Trust
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development
- A established
Central Services Team who support schools and wider colleagues
More about Discovery Schools Trust
Discovery Schools Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching
by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are
placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they
attend. Teaching and learning excellence are shared through learning networks,
sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between
schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on
improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent
management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding
Please note that interviews for this position may be made earlier
than the stated closing date if a suitable candidate is identified. Therefore,
we encourage interested applicants to submit their applications promptly. Early
submission will not only ensure consideration for the position but also
increase the likelihood of being invited for an interview. We appreciate your
understanding and look forward to receiving your application.
Safeguarding Statement: We are
committed to safeguarding our pupils; therefore, the successful applicant will
require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
This job post has expired.