(Grade: MPS/UPS/LP ~ Salary Range £32,157 - £50,935 + TLR2C £6,771)
In addition to the expectations detailed in the Teachers Pay & Conditions Document (as a class teacher), the post holder should play a major role under the overall direction of the school supporting the Senior Leadership Team in:
• Formulating the aims and objectives of the school
• Establishing the policies through which they should be achieved
• Managing staff and resources
• Monitoring progress towards achievement
• Leading across the school in a curriculum area
• Educated to degree level
• Qualified teacher status
• At least 2 years full time classroom teaching experience
• Experience of leading a subject /phase or team
• Will have had some experience of teaching in a multicultural inner city environment, ideally in more than one year group.
• An outstanding classroom practitioner.
• Experience of leading a subject area.
• Experience of leading a whole school initiative.
• Excellent classroom teacher.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Secure people management skills.
• Highly competent in use of IT.
• Ability to think creatively and be solution focussed.
• Understanding of teaching strategies and teaching styles.
Applying for the job
Please complete attached application form and email to email@example.comMore on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
398 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About Southwold Primary School
Orchard, Southwold and Hoxton Garden Schools are in the vibrant and diverse community of Hackney, East London with easy transport links into and out of Central London. With a joint pupil roll of over 1300 pupils, we are a very successful organisation with a passion for making a difference. We provide a very rich and exciting curriculum and a no excuses culture for low standards. Because of this, our pupils achieve well above national averages regardless of their starting points and Ofsted have been full of praise about our provision.
Arranging a visit to Southwold Primary School
Visits are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit, or for an informal discussion, please call Ms Beverley Shore to 020 8806 5201. Alternatively, to request an application pack or to find out more about what we can offer visit our website: