8 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
30 March 2023 at 9am
10 March 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Full time position
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for someone who:-
- demonstrates excellent classroom practice
- comes with high expectations and the ability to motivate
- has a warm personality and a good sense of humour
- is a practising Catholic or strongly committed to our Catholic ethos
In addition, as a Phase Leader you will
- coordinate teaching and learning throughout a Phase to ensure continuity, consistency and progression.
- track, monitor and evaluate pupils' progress, achievement and attainment.
- be responsible to the Headteacher for coordinating the work of the Phase.
- monitor the quality of teaching and learning, in line with the school policy. This will include lesson observations, monitoring of planning and scrutiny of pupils work.
- review long term planning to ensure coverage, progression and a range of learning experiences across the Phase.
- track and monitor data with your Phase team.
- use data to identify gaps within the phase and find effective provision.
- establish good relationships, encourage good working practices and support and lead teachers in the Phase.
- communicate effectively with Parents and be prepared for challenging conversations.
- support Teaching Assistants working within the Phase.
- lead by example in all areas of the curriculum.
- be responsible for consistency of information that goes on the school website for the Phase.
What the school offers its staff
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About St John's Catholic Primary School, Trowbridge
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Roman Catholic, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 307 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01225 752006
Welcome to St John's Catholic Primary School. We are seeking an inspirational Teacher to challenge children who are highly motivated, enthusiastic and a delight to teach. The successful candidate will join a dedicated team committed to continuing the development and success of the school. This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to gain leadership experience as the role is part of the school Senior Leadership Team. Please visit our school website www.st-johns-trowbridge.wilts.sch.uk for more information and to view our recent Ofsted report from November 2022.
Arranging a visit to St John's Catholic Primary School, Trowbridge
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Early Years Foundation Stage & Key Stage 1 Leader
The Bath And Wells Diocesan Academies Trust
Cathedral Avenue, Wells, BA5 1FD
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Wiltshire and Swindon