Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Art and design
Fixed term (Maternity cover)
£25,714 - £41,604
We are delighted to be recruiting for a teacher of Art & Design to join our high-performing, forward thinking and cohesive department. Experience of teaching photography is essential.
We teach a rigorous academic curriculum with a clear focus on supporting all students achieve positive outcomes. You will work with the Head of Creative Arts, and the wider school team to continually drive attainment and standards across the department.
We seek a teacher who has the following qualities:
• An excellent classroom practitioner
• A supportive member of the team
• Excellent subject knowledge
• Well organised and motivated to support students of all abilities and needs
• Experience of teaching GCSE and A level a distinct advantage.
We welcome committed, dynamic and creative applicants with a passion for Art & Design and the improvement of student attainment. NQT’s are welcome to apply.
Applying for the job
Please apply using the attached application form and return to:
Cathy Thompson, PA to Headteacher
Poole High School
Local authority maintained school
1882 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Poole High School
Poole High School is an 11-19 comprehensive school serving families throughout the historic town of Poole. As the largest school in this selective catchment, we pride ourselves on the fact that all students thrive in this caring and collaborative environment. Our students are well motivated and co-operative, and the team spirit in this large school is second to none. In 2019, Poole High School achieved a Progress 8 score of +0.48 putting us well ‘above average’ for progress nationally.
We have high expectations of our staff, and we value them highly. Our school systems ensure you can focus on teaching high quality lessons in a sustainable manner – dealing with poor behaviour centrally, and limiting the amount ‘data’ we expect teaching staff to deal with.
The school has delightful landscaped grounds and is very well resourced, being located at the heart of the town with excellent access by road and public transport. The quality of life in Poole is good and there is easy access to diverse range of cultural and scenic attractions.
What we offer
• Professional development that is continuous and based upon national research schools
• A culture of openness and teacher –led self-improvement
• Students who are well motivated and co-operative
• Well managed behaviour systems so that senior leaders deal with the occasional case of low level disruption
• A culture of engaged learners – leaving you free to teach high quality lessons.
• A school feedback policy that focuses around whole-class feedback helping to limit onerous marking.
• No formally graded lesson observations and an emphasis on ‘coaching’ and enabling
• Collaborative planning with shared units of work and resources
• A centrally managed set of extensive ICT facilities running Windows 10 on the latest hardware and all the expected software. Easy requests for any specialist software to be installed.
• A genuine team approach engendering personalised care and development
• A school with the scale and structure to maximise opportunities and career progression
Arranging a visit to Poole High School
Due to the current COVID situation we are unable to facilitate site visits.