Kennet School, Thatcham, Berkshire
|Job role||Teacher, Suitable for NQTs|
|Subjects||Art and design, Media studies|
|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||MPS/UPS (£24,373 - £40,490)|
Job Title: Photography Teacher
Salary: MPS/UPS (£24,373 - £40,490)
Contract: Part time, flexible 0.63–0.8 fte (Maternity)
Required for: September 2020
Are you a passionate and dynamic teacher of Photography looking to work in an outstanding department? We are looking for a teacher of Art and Photography to join our team on a part time maternity cover basis initially.
The Arts are a highly valued part of our curriculum and we hold an Artsmark Platinum award. The Art Department is a beacon of excellence, both within our school and our wider context: we are incredibly proud of their achievements and the work which our pupils produce.
• an open and collaborative community that trusts its teachers, equipping them with the skills and allowing them the freedom to act as valued professionals;
• a consistently outstanding department with a national reputation for excellence;
• excellent facilities and resources including extensive IT provision, dedicated technicians and Mac suite;
• high quality inset days, Minimum 15% non-contact time, bespoke 3 year induction programme for new teachers & leadership development programmes;
• a range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, on site leisure centre and an active staff social committee;
• rigid procedures for managing behaviour;
• an Ofsted outstanding School that believes ‘better never stops’.
For further insight into the Art & Photography Department and Kennet School please view the attachments below labelled:
‘A letter from our Headteacher’ (What We Believe)
‘Letter to Applicants’ (Staff Benefits)
‘A Letter from the Head of Art’
We would like you to be:
• able to teach Art to Key Stage 4 and Photography to Key Stage 5;
• creative, forward thinking attitude & unapologetically passionate about your subject;
• committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school;
• willing to think creatively and take risks in the classroom;
• hard-working with excellent organisational skills.
How to Apply
• Click the ‘Quick Apply’ button below to complete the application form.
We welcome enquiries prior to application, so please get in touch with Chris Ellison, Deputy Headteacher for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline & Interview Dates
Deadline for applications is 9am, Monday 20 April 2020 and candidates selected for interview will be notified shortly after this date. Candidates will be asked to share a portfolio containing examples of their own and pupil work.
Kennet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, including being subject to a full DBS check.
|School size||1797 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Kennet School website (opens in a new window)|
About Kennet School
Stoney Lane, Thatcham, Berkshire, RG19 4LL