Fixed term (1 year)
£4,000-£7,000 depending on the cohort size
This is a really exciting opportunity. You may be working in a school (this would require you to request a secondment), already be in teacher training or working independently. It is the ‘right match’ that is important. Our contracts are annual but there may be the opportunity to extend. The role is so rewarding; you work closely with our trainees, their host schools and our super SCITT team. Your specialist session will usually be Fridays 2-4pm and for other aspects of the role the times/ days are mostly flexible. We are looking for an excellent teaching practitioner with a track record of success who is enthusiastic, committed and passionate about teacher training with mentoring experience. A Masters qualification is desirable but not essential. The role has many different aspects to it, for example you will:
● Deliver subject and pedagogy training
● Support the trainee, subject teacher and Mentor
● Complete Subject Tutor visits to trainees
● Mark assignments, attend SCITT meetings
Our School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) graded as Outstanding by Ofsted has brought another fantastic dimension to our work as a trust. You will also work directly with our Research School. At DMAT we highly value our staff and you will be joining a happy and dedicated team.
Applying for the job
We are seeking an ambitious practitioner, who is committed to making a difference. We look forward to receiving your application by email to email@example.com. Please download and return the application form with a supporting letter (maximum 2 sides of A4) addressing the following points:
1. Why you would like to work at The South Downs SCITT
2. Explain what your experience to date, skills and qualities are that will make you excellent in this role.
3. If you have taught GCSE/ A Level in the last 5 years, please include your data in a table detailing; number in class, class target and actual achieved for the two most recent years.
These points are important so please ensure you do address them.
Closing date: 9am Monday 10 May 2021. If you would like to discuss your application or visit us prior to applying please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Strong candidates may be invited to interview before the closing date.
More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.