- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Will consider part time, term time
- Contract type
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- Actual salary
We are a happy, positive and hardworking staff, educating learners aged 4-19 with severe or profound and multiple learning disabilities and many of whom have a co-diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Condition. We work closely with colleagues from Educational Psychology, Health and Social Care to ensure that our learners receive all the support and challenge they need to achieve. Every learner has an Education, Health and Care Plan that details what and how they are learning, including input from Speech and Language, Occupational, and Physiotherapy. Our Family Worker provides invaluable encouragement and information to our families. We have high aspirations for all of our learners and high expectations of ourselves.
Successful candidates will:
• Have experience of working with children and young people (experience of working with children with SLD/PMLD/ASC is an advantage);
• Have good communication and numeracy skills;
• Be well organised and able to organise and lead activities to promote play and social interactions;
• Be creative and have an enthusiastic, imaginative and caring approach to children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities;
• Have high expectations of learners’ achievements relating to communication, independence, inclusion in the community and behaviour.
To be considered, you will have achieved a GCSE Grade A*- C 4/9 or equivalent in Maths and English Language.
We offer you:
• excellent professional development and promotion opportunities,
• enthusiastic and supportive colleagues, parents & Governors,
• a well-resourced school,
• the opportunity to make a significant, positive contribution to the learning and experiences of local learners with SLD in this unique Special School.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 4 to 19
- Education phase
- School size
- 102 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 19
About Strathmore School
Strathmore is a happy, thriving, oversubscribed and growing special school for children and young people aged 4 -19 with severe and complex learning difficulties including those with an additional diagnosis of autism and/or physical/sensory disabilities. We are committed to supporting all of our pupils to achieve and enjoy and be stimulated and challenged to fulfil their potential.
We are a forward thinking school committed to investigating and providing pupils with the most relevant and innovative learning opportunities and resources available. We have recently moved into our new purpose built facilities that we share with inclusive minded mainstream schools.
Our ‘small schools’ and small class sizes ensure that all pupils benefit from a highly consistent and supportive approach from all our staff, including therapists, and are given every opportunity to thrive and develop as individuals. Our constant focus is always on what will make the biggest impact for the individual pupil.
Arranging a visit to Strathmore School
Please contact the school