- Job role
- Education support
- Key stages
- Early years, KS1, KS2
- Working pattern
- Part time
22.5 hours per week working Monday to Friday in term time
Hours of work 10am-2.30am
- Contract type
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £ 18,933
- Actual salary
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the right candidate. Parson Cross CE Primary is now an Outdoor Play and Learning School. As a result we are seeking someone with a love of play who will work with the team to develop rich opportunities for child-initiated play during breaks and lunchtimes.
Purpose: The Play Leader will support and facilitate meaningful and productive child-initiated play during the school day in accordance with the Play Policy.
Line Management: The post holder will report to SLT members for fulfilling the duties set out in this job description.
Statutory Requirements: The post holder will have a responsibility to promote and safeguard the safety and welfare of children in accordance with the schools’ Safeguarding Incorporating Child Protection Policy; Anti-Bullying Policy; Behaviour Policy; and in line with the school’s values and mission statement.
• Instruct and advise Playground Leader Pupils to disperse, collect and organise play materials at break times and lunch times to ensure engaging and safe periods of play
• Read and adhere to the Playground Policy and act in accordance with the policy
• Establish safe and proper behaviour, by appropriate intervention or referral to senior staff, as required
• Promote the OPAL programme initiative on the school playground to all pupils and staff
• Participate in OPAL team meetings/training where required
• Ensure that you and your staff are aware of any medical conditions and what relevant precautions are needed
• Carry out/refer any minor First Aid treatments
• Ensure that there are a diverse range of play resources which promote access, journey, change and affordance
• Work alongside SLT and Site Manager to check the quality, condition and storage of resources
• Request and suggest ideas for play resources directly to SLT
• Facilitate peer led play opportunities
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 203 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
About Parson Cross Church of England Primary School
Parson Cross CE Primary is a single form entry primary school in the north of Sheffield. There are currently 204 children in our school and we have seven classes from Reception to Year 6. Every classroom has a teacher and teaching assistant and additional classroom and admin support staff who all contribute to the positive ethos within the school.
Our school is a friendly and popular with a warm and welcoming ethos which is recognised by all who visit. The staff, parents and governors of our school all work together to try to provide the best for the families we serve. We want our children to enjoy their time and education with us and to achieve the highest possible standards in all aspects of their lives.
We pride ourselves on providing a learning environment where children grow and develop in safe and supportive surroundings. All of our children are known, valued and respected as individuals who leave our school ready for the next stage in their education with life skills which prepare them for their future.
Arranging a visit to Parson Cross Church of England Primary School
Candidates are warmly invited to visit the school, please contact the Miss Ruel in the school office to arrange a convenient time. 01142 313956