POST 16 CLASS TEACHER
This job expired on 5 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
September 2023 Start
5 June 2023 at 9am
19 May 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2, Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Working Arrangements: Permanent | Fulltime
Full-time equivalent salary
- Main Pay Scale / Upper Pay Scale + SEN 1 Allowance
SEN 1 Allowance
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for a dynamic Post 16 Class Teacher to join an exciting and innovative school. Through your creativity and passion, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of young people with complex needs and autism.
Split over three main sites with additional Satellite provisions, Phoenix supports young people aged between 3 and 19. We are an award-winning and “Outstanding” school (Ofsted, Nov 2018) accredited through the National Autistic Society and praised for our creative approaches. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our young people.
As a dynamic and motivated Post 16 Class teacher, you already have a passion for making a difference. In this role, you will have every opportunity to live up to this ambition.
- Responsible for the teaching and management of a class of students who are on the autistic spectrum in 6th Form.
- To determine the student’s strengths, interests, and abilities related to skill acquisition and establish projects within the school and local environment.
- To implement a vocational curriculum for 6th Form students.
- To lead and manage a team who can support the students in pre- employment skills and work placements.
- To work collaboratively with a team to timetable, plan learning opportunities, record and track progress.
What the school offers its staff
- A friendly and supportive school that values collaboration. We encourage our whole community to model our values and work together as one school.
- A creative and inspiring curriculum with bespoke pathways to meet the needs of our students.
- A variety of fun whole school events to celebrate the amazing Phoenix community.
- A bespoke training and induction programme. You will have support to fulfil your professional development and career progression.
- The support of our strong, caring and committed staff and multi-disciplinary team including the Governing body and experienced Senior Leadership Team.
- Access to Tower Hamlets Education Partnership: THEP. Encouragement for you to develop your leadership abilities through a range of courses including NPQ qualifications.
If you’re interested in learning more about our exciting curriculum and approaches, please see our Teaching and Learning Framework and the Phoenix School website.
Experience of working in a special school is not essential but some knowledge and expertise of SEND is required.
Further details about the role
How to apply:
The application form can be found on the School website www.phoenix.towerhamlets.sch.uk and TES
Please return completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 9am 5th June 2023
Shortlisting Date: 6th June 2023
Interview Date: 13th June 2023
It will not be possible to re-arrange these dates.
If you are intending to apply, please ensure you are available to attend for an interview.
We would like to offer visits to the school week beginning: 22nd May 2023
If you would like to discuss the post or visit please contact Jude Donoghue email@example.com
The Governing Body of the school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and staff. The Executive Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following all safeguarding guidance and regulations. The successful candidate will require an enhanced DBS clearance. We welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religion or age.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Phoenix School
- School type
- Special school, ages 3 to 19
- School size
- 469 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Phoenix School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Special School for children with Autism
Arranging a visit to Phoenix School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
St Gabriel's CofE Primary School
Churchill Gardens Road, London, SW1V 3AG
Ark Byron Primary Academy
The Vale, London, W3 7JT
Teacher in charge of Economics
Preston Manor School
Carlton Avenue East, Wembley, Middlesex, HA9 8NA
Trinity Church of England School, Belvedere
Erith Road, Belvedere, Kent, DA17 6HT
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London