Main purpose of the job:
• Have the Catholic ethos of the school firmly at the heart of their role
• Be responsible for the learning and achievement of all pupils in the class
• Be responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct
• Treat pupils with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position
• Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/carers, governors, other staff and external agencies in the best interests of pupils
• Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
Have the Catholic Ethos firmly at the very heart of their role
Experience of working within a school environment is essential.
Experience of working in a Catholic school is desirable.
A practising Catholic is preferred.
Honours degree or Foundation Degree
Training in relevant strategies.
St Mark’s Catholic Primary Schools (Birmingham) is:
Catholic Academy that is part of the St John Bosco Catholic Academy
together with, St Chad’s Catholic Primary School, Sedgley, Bishop Milner
Catholic College in Dudley, St Mary’s Catholic Primary School
Wednesbury, St John Bosco Catholic Primary School West Bromwich, St
Bernadette’s Walsall, St Joseph’s Catholic Primary Dudley and Stuart
Bathurst Catholic Secondary School Wednesbury.
as ‘Outstanding’ in our most recent RE, Collective Worship and Catholic
Life Inspection and has a very strong Catholic ethos and excellent
Parish links. -Judged as ‘Outstanding’ in all areas in our most recent
Ofsted (July 2012)
- The school is popular and over-subscribed and has a friendly and caring atmosphere.
- The school is a one form entry Catholic school.
- St Mark’s provides a happy and safe environment where everyone, children and adults alike, is given the chance to flourish.
successful applicant will be required to respect, preserve and develop
the quality and distinctive culture of our Catholic school and will be
required to sign a Catholic Education Service contract.
- A practising Catholic is preferred.
Mark’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of
children and young people; therefore, this post is subject to medical
clearance and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) criminal
background check before taking up post.
- St. Mark’s is
committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from
individuals are encouraged regardless of any protected characteristic."
At St. Mark’s Catholic Primary School, we take Safeguarding very seriously and we feel it is important that we work together with parents, carers, families and agencies to help to keep all the children at school safe and well.
This job post has expired.