PPA Teacher (temporary in the first instance)
Long Furlong School is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated and talented teacher to be responsible for PPA cover for classes in Key Stages 1 and 2. The ideal candidate will have experience of teaching a variety of year groups, and the ability to plan and deliver a range of subjects. The post is initially for two full days per week in the summer term (days to be agreed between the school and the successfully applicant, with Wednesdays and Thursdays being preferred).
Long Furlong is a vibrant, friendly school with delightful children, committed and hardworking staff, and supportive governors and parents/carers. In November 2017 we were judged by Ofsted to be a ‘Good’ school where “Pupils enjoy the many subjects and topics they study”, “Staff and parents are unanimous in their views that pupils feel safe and that the school does everything possible to protect pupils” and “There is a wonderful sense of community in the school where everyone is welcome and supported”.
We can offer:
• Supportive colleagues and governors
• Continuing professional development to support the successful applicant in carrying out their duties
• Parents who actively support their children’s learning in a variety of ways
• A modern, well-resourced and easily accessible school building
The successful candidate must be able to:
• work closely with colleagues as part of a friendly and supportive team
• provide creative, enriching, learning opportunities,
• demonstrate high expectations of learning and behaviour
• demonstrate an ability to nurture and support all pupils, including those with complex learning, emotional or other needs
• demonstrate good organisational and interpersonal skills
• demonstrate a positive attitude towards continuing school improvement
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
Ability to teach across Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 , and a variety of subjects
About Long Furlong Primary School
Long Furlong is a one-form entry school in a suburban setting which sits in the middle of the catchment area that it serves.
- Boulter Drive, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1XP
- LA Maintained School
- Long Furlong Primary School website (opens in a new window)