The Wellington Academy
Salary: Grade C, £22,366 - £23,114 (DOE) FTE
Type of role: Permanent, full time.
Closing Date: Midnight, Sunday 3rd March 2024
Interview Date: TBC
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
The Wellington Academy have an exciting opportunity for a Premises Assistant to join our team.
The main job duties include:
- Provide responsive, friendly and school-focused premises services to the school as required.
- Proactively ensure the safety, tidiness, security and comfort of school facilities and promptly and accurately report any defects or hazards identified in the school premises, procedures, working practices and equipment.
- Undertake a programme of compliance checks and inspections and keep written and electronic records, as directed.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Have a good general education including GCSE Grace C or above in English and Maths.
- Be positive and committed with a can-do attitude.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
Full details can be found in the recruitment pack.
Why Choose us?
We also offer an excellent staff benefit package which includes discounts on high street stores, restaurants, cinemas and gyms as well as having a wellbeing hub and a cycle to work scheme. The Wellington Academy, which is part of the successful Ascend Learning Trust is an ambitious, forward thinking 11-18 Academy situated in a beautiful location in Tidworth, which is on the outskirts of Salisbury in Wiltshire.
As an employee of the Ascend Learning Trust, you will also receive many employee benefits as we work together to provide Excellence in Education.
What we offer:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly, and well-run school.
- The Trusts commitment to staff wellbeing including generous calendar dates and INSET days.
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- Reward and recognition, celebrating staff success.
- Leadership development opportunities both internally and across other schools in the Trust.
- A successful ECT support program.
- Onsite parking.
- Pension Scheme.
- Courteous and hardworking pupils.
- Benefits for discounts via an online staff portal.
Please note if we receive sufficient applications, we may close this job role earlier.
At Ascend Learning Trust, we believe in the power of diversity to drive innovation, foster creativity, and create a workplace that truly reflects the richness of the world around us. We are excited to welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to join our dynamic team.
Reasonable adjustments are modifications or accommodations made to ensure that individuals with disabilities or specific needs can perform their job duties effectively. We embrace the idea that everyone should have equal opportunities to succeed, and our aim is to make this a reality. If you need any assistance completing your application, please contact the Recruitment Team on 01793 781485 or alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ascend Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or religion.
Please note: Any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences.
In line with KCSIE 2023 and safer recruitment practices, the school will conduct an online search for all shortlisted candidates. The online search is part of our safeguarding checks and will seek publicly available information on candidates’ suitability to work with children. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further guidance and will be asked to clarify their online presence.
References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children, then at least one referee must be from this employment regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.
Ascend Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual-orientation or religion.
Any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out.
This job post has expired.