This is a rare and exciting opportunity to look after a brand new exceptional comprehensive school. As a member of The Swan’s team, you will help ensure our students have a fantastic environment in which to learn and and to grow into young adults.
About our school
The Swan School is Oxford's newest state secondary school and is growing rapidly since it opened in 2019. It provides a uniquely challenging and structured experience in a caring and disciplined environment. You will be joining a dedicated and enthusiastic staff, who work together to provide the best education for our students
About this role
This is a new role of Premises Maintenance Supervisor, reporting into the Premises Manager. You will be responsible for the day to day caretaking and general maintenance around the school. You will have line management responsibility for a small team of premises assistants plus daytime school cleaner, with the potential for your team to grow as the school grows.
You will have technical skills and knowledge in general maintenance such as carpentry, plumbing etc and be able to do use these skills to perform general maintenance around school to a high quality.
You will also have strong line management skills and be able to lead a well motivated team to ensure that basic maintenance tasks and day to day caretaking tasks are completed promptly to a high standard
Further information about the role is included in the attached job description.
Why work at the Swan
- Annual pay increases for support staff (in line with grade boundaries)
- A Defined Benefit Pension Scheme (LGPS) with favourable terms for all employees
- Competitive holiday entitlement of 28 working days for this role, with potential to increase depending on length of service. Holiday is to be taken in school holidays
- Moving from the public sector? Those without a break in service can be reassured that RLT will recognise their continuous service
- Employee centred and family friendly policies and practises that support you in and beyond your workplace
- Enhanced sick pay, maternity leave, paternity leave, and parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Funded eye test and glasses for DSE users (subject to T/Cs)
- Option of part-time hours for the right candidate (minimum 25 hours per week)
If you have any questions or would like to speak to someone about this post, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01865 416070.
We will review applications as received and reserve the right to withdraw the advert before the closing date if suitable candidates have been found
The River Learning Trust and The Swan School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and preventing extremism. All staff must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Employment will also be conditional on the receipt of at least two acceptable references (one from current/latest employer) and evidence of the formal qualifications required for the role.It is an offence to apply for certain roles within schools if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. You should contact the school if you are unsure if this role includes regulated activity relevant to children.
- For all RLT Safer Recruitment Documentation candidates should click on the following link
- The Swan School's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy can be found here
The Swan School is a free school managed by The River Learning Trust, which is an exempt charity and a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales with a registered company number 7966500. Registered Office: c/o Gosford Hill School, Oxford Road, Kidlington, Oxfordshire, OX5 2NT
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.