The St Bart's Multi Academy Trust, in partnership with Governors, staff and children of Kingsland CofE Academy are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our hard working and committed team.
At Kingsland CofE Academy our children come first. High expectations, mutual trust and respect are underpinned by a warm, supportive ethos. In the best interests of our children we work very closely with our partner Academies. The successful candidate will be working alongside a team of caring, enthusiastic, dedicated staff, who are well-supported by their Senior Leadership Team.
To be responsible for the security, maintenance and cleaning of the school.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Ensure that buildings and the site are secure, including during out of school hours and taking remedial action if required
- Act as a designated key holder, providing out of hours and emergency access to the school site
- Procure quotes for routine maintenance work on school premises
- Contribute to the management of the premises budget
- Be responsible for other site staff including cleaning staff and grounds persons
- Operate and regularly check systems such as heating, cooling, lighting and security (including CCTV and alarms)
- Undertake minor repairs (i.e. not requiring qualified craftsperson) and maintenance of the buildings and site
- Arrange emergency repairs
- Arrange regular maintenance and safety checks
- Oversee onsite maintenance contractors, checking that work is completed to required standards and within required timescales
- Monitor materials and stock and/order supplies
- Undertake general portage duties, including moving furniture and equipment within the school
- Perform duties in line with health and safety regulations (COSHH) and take action where hazards are identified, report serious hazards to line manager immediately
- Undertake regular health and safety checks of buildings, grounds, fixtures and fittings, (including compliance with fire safety regulations) and equipment, in line with other schedules
- Handle small amounts of cash for the purchase of materials to carry out repairs
- Ensure the operation and maintenance of specialised equipment following training, for example swimming pools and sports/theatrical equipment
- Provide training on health and safety issues to other premises staff
- Facilitate lettings and carry out associated tasks, in line with local agreements
- Be a member of the School’s Governing body’s Premises Committee (full or Co-optee)
- Be a member of the School’s Health and Safety Committee
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the academy, raising any concerns following academy protocol/procedures
- Any other duties appropriate to the post.
This job post has expired.