Deadline is today
Job start date
30 March 2023
28 March 2023 at 11:59pm
7 March 2023
- View all Part timejobs - 20 hours per week
- Grade 3, £22,400 - £23,517 per annum pro rata. Approximate pro rata £9,668 - £10,150 (43% FTE)
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Good communication skills; written and verbal.
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Numeracy and Literacy.
- General knowledge of building maintenance procedures and relevant skills
- Understanding of Health and Safety and security issues.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good organisational skills- ability to meet deadlines and make decisions in emergencies.
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
What the school offers its staff
This is an exceptional opportunity to join the Avanti Court Primary School’s site team.
Are you practical, can you turn your hand to most things, good at solving problems, able to use your own initiative, have good people skills, have high standards for health and safety and a clean and organised environment?
Are you a can-do person who is reliable, hardworking, patient, well organised, self-motivated, takes pride in their work, and has a sense of humour?
Then we need YOU!
We need an exceptional person as our Premises Officer to join our team at Avanti Court Primary School who will support ensuring the site and premises are safe, secure and well organised so that our children have the very best learning environment.
Avanti Court Primary School is a faith designated (Hindu) state school. Staff and students at the school do not originate from any specific faith background and applications are welcome from practitioners of any faith and from those of none.
The staff at Avanti Court Primary School are passionate about our school and are relentlessly focused on improving the achievement and opportunities for all our pupils. All staff that work at our school subscribe to our ethos and values and seek to improve and develop their own practice and performance for the benefit of our children. This is a unique opportunity to work in a school which is driven by three key elements for both children and staff:
- Educational excellence
- Character formation
- Spiritual insight
We believe in high expectations, challenge and support to enable our children to understand and develop into the best version of themselves. Through professional development, we support our staff to excel in creating a highly successful learning environment, we are an ambitious team who strive to ensure that all children enjoy learning and surpass expectations.
Further details about the role
What will you do?
- Keeping premises, grounds and car park tidy, swept and free of leaf and litter accumulation and ensuring hard surfaces are free from weeds, including providing an emergency ad hoc response in the event of adverse weather conditions to undertake snow clearance and gritting. Keeping external rubbish bins emptied.
- Receiving incoming goods and mail, receipting, sorting and ensuring correct distribution and dispatch. This does not include specialist equipment which should be organised by the responsible department. e.g. art displays, IT deliveries, science chemicals, exam and confidential papers etc.
- Setting up of all scheduled room layouts, equipment and the setting up during open evenings and weekends.
- Monitoring of car park at specified intervals, ensuring that only authorised users (from the list provided by the School) are parked
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Avanti Court Primary School
- School type
- Academy, Hindu, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 669 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Avanti Court Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Avanti Court Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Senior Learning Support Assistant
The Gateway Primary Free School
Marshfoot Road, Grays, Essex, RM16 4LU
Speech & Language Therapist - Full Time
49 Bow Road, London, E3 2AD
Learning Behaviour Mentor (Full time)
Greenwood Primary School
Wood End Way, Northolt, UB5 4QG
Speech & Language Therapist - Fixed Term 1 Year
49 Bow Road, London, E3 2AD
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Essex, Southend and Thurrock