This job expired on 4 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
As soon as possible
4 June 2023 at 11:59pm
19 May 2023
- View all Part timejobs - 20 hours per week
- Grade 3, £21,123 - £22,188 per annum pro rata. Approximate pro rata £9,117 - £9,577 (43% FTE)
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Good communication skills; written and verbal.
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Numeracy and Literacy.
- General knowledge of building maintenance procedures and relevant skills
- Understanding of Health and Safety and security issues.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good organisational skills- ability to meet deadlines and make decisions in emergencies.
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
What the school offers its staff
This is an exceptional opportunity to join the Avanti Gardens School’s site team.
Are you practical, can you turn your hand to most things, good at solving problems, able to use your own initiative, have good people skills, have high standards for health and safety and a clean and organised environment?
Are you a can-do person who is reliable, hardworking, patient, well organised, self-motivated, takes pride in their work, and has a sense of humour?
Then we need YOU!
We need an exceptional person as our Premises Officer to join our team at Avanti Gardens School who will support ensuring the site and premises are safe, secure and well organised so that our children have the very best learning environment.
This is a unique opportunity to help develop the school, which will be shaped by three key elements for both students and staff:
- Educational excellence
- Character formation
- Spiritual insight
Avanti Gardens School is part of the growing family of Avanti schools. Staff and students at Avanti Gardens School do not originate from any specific faith background and applications are welcome from practitioners of any faith and from those of none. They will be expected to be in full sympathy with the unique ethos and vision of the School and the Trust.
You will be working as part of a team who are passionate about providing the very best experience for our students.
Why should you apply
You will be working in a fantastic environment.
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
Further details about the role
What will you do?
- Keeping premises, grounds and car park tidy, swept and free of leaf and litter accumulation and ensuring hard surfaces are free from weeds, including providing an emergency ad hoc response in the event of adverse weather conditions to undertake snow clearance and gritting. Keeping external rubbish bins emptied.
- Receiving incoming goods and mail, receipting, sorting and ensuring correct distribution and dispatch. This does not include specialist equipment which should be organised by the responsible department. e.g. art displays, IT deliveries, science chemicals, exam and confidential papers etc.
- Setting up of all scheduled room layouts, equipment and the setting up during open evenings and weekends.
- Monitoring of car park at specified intervals, ensuring that only authorised users (from the list provided by the School) are parked
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Avanti Gardens School
- School type
- Free School, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 167 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Avanti Gardens School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
At Avanti Gardens, our ethos is built upon three core pillars which are the golden thread in all that we do: Educational Excellence – Character Development – Spiritual Insight. Our exceptional team puts pupils at the centre of everything and our aim is to prepare our pupils to thrive beyond primary school. I believe that through the strong partnership that we develop with our community, aspirational aims become reality. Our rich and rigorous curriculum is underpinned by the Avanti Way, which enables our pupils to develop a strong sense of self-belief and an understanding of respect and tolerance. We harness the potential of our staff’s expertise and our amazing on-site facilities to provide a unique offer. We support our children to become fluent and passionate readers, writers and mathematicians, thus ensuring that every child can engage in and enjoy the richness of our wider curriculum. We are very proud of our inclusive, warm and caring approach. The strong relationships that are developed between staff and pupils enable our pupils to flourish and reach their academic and social potential. Through our curriculum pupils will gain a reflective, compassionate understanding of themselves and the communities around them.
Arranging a visit to Avanti Gardens School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Oasis Academy Marksbury Road
Marksbury Road, Bedminster, Bristol, BS3 5JL
Avanti Gardens School
College Road, Bristol, BS16 2JP
Evercreech Church of England Primary School
Paradise Crescent, Shepton Mallet, Somerset, BA4 6EH
Safeguarding and Child Protection Coordinator
St Nicholas Church School
Kilmersdon Road, Radstock, Somerset, BA3 3QH
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Bristol