The St Bart's Multi Academy Trust, in partnership with Governors, staff andchildren of Woodcroft Academy are seeking to appoint a highly motivated andenthusiastic individual to join our hard working and committed team.
At Woodcroft Academy our children comefirst. High expectations, mutual trustand respect are underpinned by a warm, supportive ethos. In the best interests of our children we workvery closely with our partner Academies. The successful candidate will beworking alongside a team of caring, enthusiastic, dedicated staff, who arewell-supported by their Senior Leadership Team.
To be responsible for the maintenance and security of the school premises and site, ensuring a safe environment.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Ensure that buildings and the site are secure, including during out of school hours and take remedial action if required
- Act as the designated key holder for the school premises
- Operate and regularly check systems such as heating, cooling, lighting and security (including CCTV and alarms)
- Undertake minor repairs (i.e. not requiring qualified craftsperson) and maintenance of the buildings and site
- Arrange emergency repairs
- Arrange regular maintenance and safety checks
- Oversee onsite maintenance contractors, checking that work is completed to required standards and within required timescales
- Monitor stock and order supplies
- Undertake general portage duties, including moving furniture and equipment within the school
- Perform duties in line with health and safety and COSHH regulations and take action where hazards are identified, report serious hazards to line manager immediately
- Undertake regular health and safety checks of buildings, grounds, fixtures and fittings, (including compliance with fire safety regulations) and equipment, in line with other schedules
- Monitor the work of and manage cleaning and other site staff
- Oversee and make decisions on all planned maintenance
- Ensure the operation and maintenance of specialised equipment following training, for example sports/theatrical equipment
- Facilitate lettings and carry out associated tasks, in line with local agreements
- Handle small amounts of cash for the purchase of materials to carry out repairs
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the academy, raising any concerns following academy protocol/procedures
- Any other duties appropriate to the post.
This job post has expired.