Primary class teacher
Belleville Wix Academy, London
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time, job share|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £30,480 to £41,483 per year (full-time equivalent)|
Belleville Wix Academy is a 1.5 form entry south London primary school, located between the bustling centre of Battersea and the open space of Clapham Common.
Our school has a unique 'bicultural' ethos. We share our site and work very closely with a French primary school, École de Wix, and between us we offer three different streams on site - an English stream run by Belleville Wix, a French stream run by the French school, and a jointly run bilingual stream. Children from all streams play together, eat together and wear the same uniform.
We are part of the Quality First Education trust and quality is at the heart of what we do. We firmly believe that “the quality of a school cannot exceed the quality of its teachers” and we invest in our staff from the moment they join us.
We seek excellent primary class teachers to join our team. Whether you are newly qualified or more experienced, we'd love to hear from you. We keep applications open all year round and we look at applications as we receive them, so your early response is encouraged. We have positions available from September and may also have some earlier opportunities.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS with barred list check.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Experience of teaching children successfully, meeting their many and varied needs.
Evidence of being an excellent teacher.
Evidence of raising standards and accelerating pupil progress.
Understands the purpose, structure and balance of the National Curriculum/ EYFS curriculum and its requirements.
Has thorough subject knowledge.
Keeps abreast of national and local education developments.
Displays commitment to the safeguarding and protection of children and fulfils relevant duties for child protection.
Can assess, record and report on the achievements of pupils.
Committed to equal opportunities.
Respects and values different experiences and backgrounds
Able to develop positive relationships with all members of the school community.
A good communicator.
An exemplary record of attendance and punctuality.
Holds high expectations of pupils, adults and self.
Committed to personal and professional development.
Motivated, proactive, reflective and learns from experience.
Teachers joining us benefit from:
- fantastic ongoing development and support through our designated national Teaching School and Maths Hub;
- an excellent, structured induction programme for NQTs: three paid weeks of induction in July before you start; a further 14 full days of induction training during the first two years of teaching; and a dedicated in-school mentor;
- weekly INSET sessions, professional learning discussions, and opportunities to watch others teach;
- many opportunities for progression within each school and across our trust;
- working as a team with colleagues in each year group learning, planning and assessing together;
- a fully developed set of curriculum resources, units and plans;
- specialist teachers for art, music, computing, French, PE and inclusion, so class teachers can focus more on the core provision.
• A commitment to recruit, retain and develop excellent staff
• An entitlement to high quality training and support
• A supportive working culture, with ongoing guidance and mentoring
• Excellent professional development at all levels
• Opportunities to work across our trust
• Opportunities to lead projects and undertake research
To make a difference
• An ambitions, fast growing trust with exciting potential
• A relentless drive for improvement, excellence and equality
• A focus on excellent pedagogy, positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all.
|School size||311 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Belleville Wix Academy website (opens in a new window)|
Wix's Lane, London, SW4 0AJ