Primary Class Teacher (Maternity leave cover)
7 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
5 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
19 May 2023
- Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - 36hrs
- Maternity or parental leave cover - 1 year
Full-time equivalent salary
- £32,407 - £48,054.30 per year
- M1 - UPS 3
NSCT Allowance £2,600
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Qualified Teacher Status.
- High level skills as a classroom practitioner.
- Experience of effective lesson planning, marking and assessment practice.
- Experience of using a range of positive behaviour management techniques to create an effective climate for learning.
- Experience of working well as a team member.
- Experience of communicating and presenting to others.
- Improving practice through effective monitoring and feedback.
- The ability to motivate and inspire children.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Experience of adapting teaching to respond to the needs of all pupils.
- An understanding of the features of effective pedagogy, how students learn and strategies to improve performance.
- Knowledge and understanding in how to teach early reading, writing and maths.
- Knowledge of barriers to learning and how to support a range of pupils to overcome these.
- Understanding of safeguarding / Child Protection requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of the importance of continued professional development.
- Understand and deliver the vision, values, and ethos of the school. Knowledge of research and evidenced best practice relating to the quality of teaching and learning.
- Knowledge of curriculum design and development.
- Understanding of the latest Ofsted inspection framework and how this should be reflected in practice.
- Knowledge of recent developments at national level, pertaining to examination reform, curriculum reform and school accountability measures.
- Knowledge of internal and external monitoring and moderation.
- A positive role model.
- Value diversity and promote equal opportunities.
- Commitment to own CPD.
- Determination, resilience, and drive.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and initiative.
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality.
What the school offers its staff
Working at NSCT Academies brings many additional benefits for our dedicated and valued staff, including:
- Wonderful, kind and hardworking pupils
- Supportive parents.
- A school committed to the professional development of all staff.
- A modern, spacious building with well-equipped classrooms
- CPD and career opportunities across the Trust
- Health Shield membership (employee assistant program supporting with wellbeing and offers many attractive discounts)
- Free onsite car parking for staff
- A subsidised canteen for lunches
- Pensions scheme
- Cycle scheme
Further details about the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to become part of the highly effective team at Kingfisher Hall Academy as a Classroom Teacher.
We are a two form entry Primary School with modern, fully resourced classrooms, a dedicated staff, effective links with the other academy schools and a collective vision to do the very best for our children.
We would welcome the addition of a highly motivated, passionate individual to join us on our journey towards providing our pupils with the richest, most rewarding school experience possible.
The successful candidate will:
- Be hardworking and creative and have the desire to develop their own pedagogical philosophy.
- Be able to motivate and inspire our amazing children.
- Have a passion for creative and motivational teaching.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and be committed to working as part of our team.
- Be able to plan and deliver lessons to meet the needs of all pupils.
- Will demonstrate high expectations at all times
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application.Apply for this job
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Kingfisher Hall Primary Academy
- School type
- Free School, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 443 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Arranging a visit to Kingfisher Hall Primary Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Goodrich Community Primary School
Dunstans Road, London, SE22 0EP
Key Stage 2 Teacher – One Year Maternity Cover
Bangabandhu Primary School
Wessex Street, London, E2 0LB
Warren Mead Junior School
Roundwood Way, Banstead, Surrey, SM7 1EJ
West Hill Primary School
5 Merton Road, London, SW18 5ST
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Enfield