Bridgwater College Academy is an all-through academy for students aged 3 to 16. The academy is part of the Bridgwater & Taunton College Trust.
Job Reference Number: 638
27.5 Hours per week, 39 weeks per year (term-time plus inset days)
BTCT Points 3-4, commencing at point 3. Actual starting salary £12,085 per annum (pay award pending)
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to work with a specific pupil with communication and learning needs. The applicant will need to be flexible and able to use their own initiative to support and prioritise the needs of the specific individual.
The academy works closely with relevant professionals involved in the care of this young person and all necessary training will be provided.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience working with children who have additional needs, supporting 1:1 if needed
- Be able to support all learners depending on their needs
- Understand the importance of a personalised and nurturing approach to learning
- Be able to work as part of a team, but also use their initiative
- Be willing to work across the primary phase, from Reception to year 6
- Support in a class and deliver interventions to small groups and individual children
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a supportive and dedicated team and to play a key role in the further development of this provision at our inclusive academy.
Our employees benefit from a generous local government pension scheme plus an Employee Rewards scheme – High Street discounts, Staff Wellbeing centre
We do not accept CVs. For full details and an application pack for this position, please visit the ‘Vacancies’ in the ‘Key Information’ section on our website:
Closing date for applications: Noon, Monday 10th October 2022
Anticipated interview date: Thursday 3rd November 2022
Bridgwater College Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share its commitment. Our mission is that all children achieve. A criminal disclosure check will be requested for any applicant who is offered a position.
This job post has expired.