Primary PE Specialist
St Martin's CofE Primary School, Liskeard, Cornwall
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||M1 - M6|
Primary PE Specialist Teacher
St Barnabas CE Multi Academy Trust comprises of 6 like-minded Church of England Primary Schools in South East Cornwall. The Trust are looking to appoint a Primary P.E. Specialist. We continually push forward and take advantage of cutting edge educational research to continually raise standards.
Main Professional Duties will include the following:
• Teach Physical Education and Physical Activity within your allocated schools.
• Plan, prepare and deliver schemes of work and coaching programmes in accordance with the academic programmes set out by the schools.
• Keep up to date with government initiatives relating to the teaching of Physical Education & Sport and prepare policies and departmental targets as required.
• Support Trust primary schools to develop appropriate intra and inter school competitions and challenge all young people to engage in appropriate activities.
• Liaise with school staff and Arena.
• Ensure pupils have access to appropriate opportunities both within and outside school.
• Maintain records to show rates of participation in events/ competitions and programmes as required as well as implementing other data collection and monitoring programmes as directed by the HoS.
• Support the Arena and their team to deliver sport.
• Any other duties deemed reasonable by your line managers School Games Organiser
Interviews will be held between 13th & 23rd July 2020 via video link, with the possibility of a face to face interview depending upon the situation with Covid-19.
If you would like to discuss this post further, please telephone Sean Powers - CEO on 01579 343588 or email - email@example.com
Applying for the job
To apply download an application pack also on the school website www.st-martins.cornwall.sch.uk and post/email to Mrs. Karen Castelow, Business Manager to our central team office at Quethiock CE Primary School, Quethiock, Liskeard PL14 3SQ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Definition_ Primary PE Specialist.pdf  0.04 MB
- St Barnabas Application Form Teaching Staff (Latest).docx  0.15 MB
- Declaration of Criminal Conviction Safeguarding (7).docx  0.02 MB
- Equal Opps Monitoring Form v2 (1) (5) (7).doc  0.07 MB
|School type||Academy, Church of England|
|School size||268 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||St Martin's CofE Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
About St Martin's CofE Primary School
St Barnabas Multi Academy Trust is made up of a group of six schools, of which St Martin's CE Primary School is one, who work closely together in order to ensure they provide the best education for pupils in the Liskeard Area. Our vision is that of the parable of the lost sheep. We work hard to ensure that everyone is valued and that nobody gets left behind.
The Trust is evolving all the time, most recent developments include; improvements to the delivery of reading, a focus on the teaching oracy, development towards a 'Knowledge Rich Curriculum', a full outdoor programme from YR-Y6 and a residential programme that includes all pupils from Y2 to Y6.
School leaders work closely together sharing expertise. Senior leaders from each school meet fortnightly with the CEO to effect change and support each other to raise standards across the Trust.
The schools are governed by two local governing bodies one for the Rame and one for the Liskeard Schools. Governors are active in carrying out their duties monitoring school improvement and reporting to the Trust directors.
Schools are supported by our central team in areas including; safeguarding, information management & GDPR, financial planning, processing & auditing, estates management, writing bids for capital funding, health and safety, technical infrastructure and hardware.
Teachers across the Trust share the workload by actively working together to support; subject leadership, curriculum development, planning, outdoor education and residential visits. In this way everyone feels part of the wider organisation and understand the benefits of a collaborative approach.
St Martin's School is on a rapid improvement pathway following its most recent OFSTED inspection. The school has been awarded a DfE Improvement Grant that has NLE support provided by a Hedateacher from Plymouth. A number of staff joined the school in September 2019 who with existing staff are working hard to address the areas highlighted in the OFSTED report in order to improve learning for pupils.
Everyone in the Trust is looking forward to welcoming a Primary PE specialist to our largest school.
Arranging a visit to St Martin's CofE Primary School
Telephone: Sean Powers CEO - 01579 343588 or email email@example.com
Lake Lane, Liskeard, Cornwall, PL14 3DE