Primary Phase - Early Years Foundation Stage Leader
Cromwell Community College, Chatteris, Cambridgeshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,373 to £35,791|
Our new Primary Phase needs an inspiring EYFS leader
Do you believe in the child centred approach, where every aspect of the curriculum is celebrated?
Would you like to work in a ‘good’ school where teachers are supported in improving their teaching practice and developing their teaching careers?
Cromwell Community College is about to become the first all through school in Cambridgeshire and we are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and inspiring practitioner to join our school at what is a very exciting time. We want someone to lead a rich and engaging EYFS curriculum where the children are active learners and are nurtured to develop a curiosity about the world around them. This post is suitable for a teacher passionate about Early Years education. The post will start in the summer term of 2020, offering a unique opportunity for a forward thinking and inspirational practitioner to work with the senior leaders to shape the education journey of our very youngest children and develop links with pre-school and nursery settings ahead of the Primary Phase opening in September 2020. The Pre-school/nursery will open in April 2021.
Our School Vision
Our College encourages each child to grow into happy, respectful and confident individuals, thriving in a supportive community where each is inspired to learn and discover through a range of exciting opportunities that make the very best use of what the local area has to offer, with space to imagine and create. If you feel you are the right person for the next chapter of your career, then we would love to hear from you. The successful candidate will join a positive and welcoming environment and will be instrumental in developing a highly collaborative EYFS team. The school will initially open one class in September 2020 and grow over time to a two-form entry primary phase. The successful candidate will develop both inside and outside learning spaces and work with the senior leaders across the college to develop the EYFS curriculum and assessment procedures.
As an excellent practitioner you must:
• Be an excellent teacher - at whatever stage in your career - with in-depth subject knowledge
• Have high expectations of both yourself and your pupils
• Be passionate about meeting the needs of all children
• Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Value working in teams and partnerships
• Be skilled at fostering independence and pupil-led learning
• Be reflective, resilient and ambitious; keen to develop your professional expertise
• Engage with all aspects of school life, parents/carers and the wider community
• Be committed to ongoing professional development
• Children who are articulate, great fun, willing and eager to learn
• A creative, positive and friendly staff team who are keen to develop their understanding of the primary curriculum
• A supportive environment where there are opportunities for professional development
• A chance to collaborate with colleagues across the Active Learning Trust, as well as local networks and professionals
• A Primary Phase that will grow over time, set in excellent school grounds with huge potential for development, where opportunities for high quality outdoor learning can be facilitated
• An opportunity to share a real, relevant and engaging curriculum
• Opportunities to develop links with other key stages within the college to support the learning of all pupils
Information about the school
Our existing school site opened in 1938 and will soon become the first all-through school in Cambridgeshire with the addition of the Primary Phase. A nursery/pre-school will follow in April 2021 meaning we will have an education system from 3 -18. The school is at the heart of the community and we have strong collaborative links with local primary schools. We currently work in partnership with Kingsfield Primary School and are very keen to develop further links as the school grows. The school runs a developed ITT programme offering many opportunities to work with trainees. The school also has its own sixth form. The College joined the Active Learning Trust in 2017.
The College ethos is one where every child is valued and cared for and where there are high expectations for all. The focus is on children showing respect and developing confidence in all areas of the curriculum becoming successful learners. Parents and carers are keen for the development of the Primary Phase and are eager to tour the grounds and existing facilities while the build is in progress to see what the college has to offer their children as they start their journey at Cromwell.
We also benefit from a large site, with spacious accommodation and excellent facilities for developing outdoor learning. There are further developments to the existing site over the next year to improve accommodation for secondary and post-16 students.
Job description, person specification and application form are available on the school website, or e-mail email@example.com
Closing Date – 11 November 2019
Interviews will take place the week beginning 25 November 2019
We are excited to offer you the opportunity to join our team and hope you will want to further explore this with us. Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged and we would ask you to arrange these with Mrs MacMahon by telephoning the main office: 01354 692193 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all children and expects our staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointments made are subject to a check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified teacher status
Specialism in EYFS or have taught in Early Years
Qualified teacher status
Essential skills and experience
Experience in the EYFS in a primary school
|School size||1164 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Cromwell Community College website (opens in a new window)|
Wenny Road, Chatteris, Cambridgeshire, PE16 6UU