Primary School Teacher - to work in a secondary school setting
This post is required from 1st September 2020 or sooner if possible and is to work in a secondary school setting. The ideal candidate will have QTS experience working as a Primary School teacher in either mainstream school, SEN or Alternative Curriculum provisions,
We are seeking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic primary school teacher with experience at Year 6 and preferably with significant knowledge of SEND curriculum development. SEND qualifications are desirable. The successful candidate will have responsibility for teaching a full curriculum to a small group of Year 7 pupils with a view to ensuring they are academically and emotionally secondary school ready as soon as possible. The person appointed would then manage the transition into mainstream education.
Part of this crucial role is to ensure that our pupils develop into confident young people, master strategies and improve their emotional well-being whilst reaching age-related academic expectations in Maths and English. The successful candidate would also support the senior leadership team in its outreach work with local primary schools and, with suitable experience, could join the leadership team.
Haberdashers' Abraham Darby is an 11-18 mixed school which opened in 2008. We are part of the Haberdashers' Adams’ Federation linked with Haberdashers’ Adams in Newport. We are located within a short distance from the picturesque River Severn and Ironbridge Gorge. Moving into a new state of the art, technology rich building in July 2012, our facilities and working environment are excellent.
We welcome colleagues who relish sharing their skills and ideas, and want to contribute to the development of the Learning Support department and the Academy as a whole.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Qualified teacher - see application pack for further details on our website
• A friendly and supportive environment
• The opportunity to work with motivated students, supportive parents and dedicated staff
• A location close to main line railway services, road networks and M54 and M6 motorways
• The opportunity to be part of the Haberdashers' Adams' Federation Trust (HAFT), with links to Haberdashers’ Adams Grammar School in Newport
• Opportunity to work in a new state of the art school building
• Regular CPD opportunities
• Internal promotional opportunities
• Our own free staff carpark
• Dedicated staff work bases
• Dedicated staffroom including free tea and coffee facilities
• Free flu vaccinations
• Discounted membership at the adjourning leisure complex, with swimming pool and gym
• Staff social clubs
• Opportunities to become involved in Sport, Performing Arts and other recreational activities
• Promoting staff well-being
About Haberdashers Abraham Darby
Haberdashers’ Abraham Darby is a vibrant, 11-18 mixed school which opened as a new Academy in September 2008 as part of the Haberdashers’ Adams’ Federation Trust; a thriving partnership with Haberdashers’ Adams school in Newport. A focus on traditional values and high expectations is resulting in rapidly rising standards and popularity as a school of first choice. We are located within a short distance from the picturesque River Severn and Ironbridge Gorge. We moved into our new state of the art building in July 2012 and both pupils and staff are benefitting from a 21st century ICT rich learning environment and a superb leisure complex.
- Ironbridge Road, Telford, Shropshire, TF7 5HX
- Haberdashers Abraham Darby website (opens in a new window)