• Graduate with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• Knowledge of current educational practice and issues in primary
• An excellent classroom practitioner
• Knowledge of the provisions of national strategies, i.e., Literacy, Numeracy, and ICT
• Effective use of ICT to support learning
• Statutory curriculum requirements and requirements for assessment, recording and reporting of
pupils’ attainment and progress
• Knowledge of the current professional teaching standards
• Experience of teaching in a Primary phase
• High level of written, oral and communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing to a range of audiences
• High level of organisational and planning skills
• Evidence of sharing in and contributing to the corporate life of the academy
• Work effectively as part of a team, relating well to colleagues, pupils, and parents
• Ability to demonstrate a commitment to equality of opportunity for all pupils
• Ability to investigate, solve problems and make decisions
• Able to use own initiative and motivate others
• Ability to relate to and empathise with pupils and to develop trusting and respectful relationships with
• Respect for confidentiality of information concerning individual pupils and ability to use discretion in
circumstances of disclosure
• Evidence of continuing professional development
• Establish clear expectations and constructive working relationships in your own classroom through
team working and mutual support
• Devolving responsibilities and delegating tasks where appropriate
• Commitment to an involvement in extra-curricular activities
• Knowledge of all phases of primary education
• Implications of the Code of Practice for SEN for teaching and learning
• Full working knowledge of relevant policies/codes of practice/legislation
• Able to offer expertise in a specific subject or area
Willows Academy are looking to appoint a Primary Teacher to join our academy in April 2023 on a full-time, permanent basis.
Willows Academy may be a smaller than average primary academy but it has a very big heart! Our children are amazing and we are a team of enthusiastic, passionate and caring staff, who are welcoming, friendly and keen to support and develop any new comers to our family.
We have been on a huge journey of improvement from being in Special Measures, prior to converting to be an academy, to receiving our first ‘Good’ grading in 2015, which we retained during our Section 8 Inspection in March 2019.
We seek staff that are committed to improving the life chances of every single child in the academy by striving to ensure that they reach the highest possible standards. We welcome applications from talented individuals who find creative ways to enhance the children’s learning experiences across the curriculum.
We offer an extensive range of opportunities, incentives and benefits with this post including:
- Membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (TPS) (opt out available)
- Access to the Delta benefits website with discounts on retailers, holidays, days out, etc.
- Access to Cycle to Work scheme, car leasing and technology scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
Visits to the academy would be warmly welcomed by appointment. Please contact the academy on 01472 504450.
This job post has expired.