- Job role
- Key stages
- Early years, KS1, KS2
- Working pattern
- Part time
- Contract type
0.6FTE / Permanent
A vacancy for a Primary SENDCo has arisen due to the growth of our Multi Academy Trust and staff progression. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and outstanding practitioner to join the Arthur Terry Learning Partnership and work in our schools.
Are you dedicated to supporting students with SEND to improve their life chances? This role encompasses the strategic development of Special Educational Needs (SEND) provision and oversight of the day-to-day operation of that policy, with the aim of raising SEND pupil achievement in a number of our primary schools.
Working with a number of allocated primary schools as agreed by Trust needs, the role will involve:
• Ensuring provision is in place to ensure that progress of pupils with SEND improves, relative to those without SEND, including the identification and dissemination of the most effective teaching approaches/strategies for pupils with SEND
• Monitoring and reporting progress for pupils with SEND to ensure this is in line with national, school and ATLP expectations, and creating/developing a strategy where the predicted progress shows this may be below target
• Ensuring that the school carries out its statutory responsibilities regarding all students with a Statement of Special Educational Needs
• Liaising with staff, parents, carers, external agencies and other stakeholders to co-ordinate their contribution, provide maximum support and ensure continuity of provision
This role will suit a qualified teacher and SENCO with a proven track record of securing improvement for pupils with SEND who has the ability to disseminate and ensure best practice across multiple primary schools, achieving the very best outcomes for our pupils.
Salary: MPS/UPS plus SEN Allowance, £2,270 pa, pro rated (actual allowance £1,362 pa)
Location: The role will include a blend of home- and school-based working to meet the needs of the Trust. You must have the means and flexibility to be able to travel to schools across our Trust as needs require.
Start Date: Required as soon as possible
Closing date: Midday, Monday 6th December 2021
What you'll need to succeed
• To share our passion for wanting the very best for our students and schools
• To be committed to keeping our students safe
• Be highly motivated and passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people with the natural ability to inspire and motivate
• Be an outstanding teacher
• Be emotionally intelligent with the ability to build strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders
• The ability to develop and motivate others
• The passion and commitment to work in a face paced, challenging yet always rewarding role
What you'll get in return
• Professional development is key to our ongoing success, so we invest in your development through training, mentoring and progression opportunities across our schools and Teaching School Hub
• The opportunity to join our team of leading education experts and propel your career to the next level
• A competitive salary
• Competitive pension scheme (Teachers Pension Scheme)
• 3 Professional Development Days
SEN Allowance £2,270 pa, pro rated (actual allowance £1,362 pa)
Applying for the job
For an application pack please visit our website: https://atlp.co.uk/vacancies
Completed applications should include an application form and a supporting statement no more than 2 sides of A4 outlining how you would establish yourself in this multi-school role to secure the very best outcomes for our pupils with SEND needs.
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com
Please note we do not accept CV’s; applications will only be considered if received on an ATLP application form.More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- Trust type
- Multi-academy trust
About The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership
The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership is a highly successful Multi Academy Trust (MAT) encompassing 5 secondary schools, 11 primary schools, a Teaching School Hub, and School Centred Initial Teacher Training provider. Our schools are based in North Birmingham, Tamworth, Lichfield, and North Warwickshire. A further secondary school and 2 primary schools will join the ATLP in the near future.
Arrange a visit to The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership
To arrange an informal chat about the role, please contact Helen Hastilow on 07519 125263 email firstname.lastname@example.org; or Anna Balson on 07801 669775, email email@example.com
Head office location
Four Oaks, Sutton Coldfield, B74 4RZ