This job expired on 27 June 2022 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2022
27 June 2022 at 9am
15 June 2022
Full-time equivalent salary
- Teachers' Main/Upper Pay scale (Inner London)
Primary Specialist - English and Maths job summary
RGTS became an 11-18 mixed comprehensive school in September 2017. We are proud to be the school which retains the importance of positive and productive relationships at the heart of our community.
In 2021, we opened our brand new £14 million new wing and moved into the next stage of the school’s development as our inaugural cohort transitioned into Key Stage 4.
Year on year, we have been expanding our teaching and support staff teams to meet the needs of our growing student body. September 2021 saw our school fully staffed as we welcomed our final year group into the school.
We are seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced primary trained colleague (year 5/6) to provide the delivery of English and maths for our Golden Groups, mainly in years 7 & 8. The Golden Group is set up to support the learning and progress of our students who have identified literacy and/or numeracy needs. It provides a smaller class setting in which students can develop their reading, writing, numeracy and oracy skills. You will be working within our Inclusion Faculty as well as with colleagues in the English and maths teams. The ability to teach other subjects would be an advantage but is not essential. This is a key role in the development of our inclusive curriculum and in enabling our students to achieve their potential.
We are looking for colleagues who are:
• Unrelenting in their pursuit of excellence in all aspects of their practice
• Successful in working with young people and securing the best outcomes for them
• Team spirited and prepared to go above and beyond to get the job done.
University Schools Trust (UST) is a unique partnership of six world-leading universities and five sector-leading bodies who are working together to deliver a shared vision of inclusive, high-quality and transformational education.
We want to hear from you if you are:
• Committed to providing an inclusive, transformational education for all students.
• Passionate about developing and working within a culture of academic excellence.
• Motivated to contribute directly to the growth and development of a thriving secondary school.
Working with us guarantees the opportunity to:
• Be an integral part of a growing school with potential for leadership and career development.
• Design and deliver bespoke curriculum provision for Key Stage 3, 4 and 5 students.
• Develop links with our wider UST network for CPD and collaborative practice.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application soonest and contact the HR team:
Telephone - 020 8312 5480 ext. 2515
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Commitment to safeguarding
RGTS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS Check.
This job post has expired.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Royal Greenwich Trust School
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 19
- School size
- 823 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
RGTS is proud to be the University Trust school at the heart of the rich and diverse community we serve. We play a part in the life of the school and its community, support its mission of providing educational opportunities.
Similar jobs nearby
Norbury High School for Girls
Kensington Avenue, Thornton Heath, Surrey, CR7 8BT
Find more school jobs in London