Avonwood Primary School is a standalone primary school for children aged 4-11 based in East Bournemouth in the picturesque county of Dorset. We share close links with Avonbourne Boys’ and Girls’ Academies, two 11-16 secondary schools and United Sixth Form, based next door to Avonwood.
Avonwood first opened its doors in September 2014 when we welcomed two classes of Foundation Stage children. In September 2015 we moved into our purpose-built brand-new school. Having grown organically year on year we now have classes in every year group. Having opened with just 42 children we now have 570. This rapid growth makes Avonwood a unique and exciting opportunity for any prospective staff looking to play a key role in the continuous development of our school.
We are exceptionally fortunate to have access to outstanding facilities including our own science laboratory, computer science suite, purpose-built stage and large outdoor
learning space. We also benefit from access to wider facilities at Avonbourne Boys’ and Girls’ Academies including design technology labs, art studios, large sports pitches and a full-size climbing wall.
Avonwood is an oversubscribed, highly popular school with an already impressive reputation. Our ambition is to be the school of choice for local families, providing an excellent education by inspiring wonder and intellectual curiosity through a genuine love of learning.
Our educational philosophy is that school should cultivate the imagination, provoke intellectual curiosity and develop social responsibility. This is achieved through the ongoing development and delivery of a knowledge-rich curriculum.
We are #TeamAvonwood and look forward to showing you around our school.
12 Months Fixed Term
Start date: February 2023 (or from Easter 2023)
Salary: Highly Competitive (United Learning Pay Scale)
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 1st January 2023
We are looking to appoint an experienced primary teacher to join our Year 3 teaching team from February 2023.
There is also the possibility for Year Lead responsibility for suitable applicants, with a TLR 2 (£3,017) attached to this role. Please make it clear in your application if you wish to be considered as Year Lead.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an excellent teacher to be involved in the ongoing development of our popular primary school!
What we offer:
- An exceptional salary, above the maintained sector - up to 5% more
- The opportunity to save money across hundreds of major retailers, through Perkbox
- Collaborative planning with centralised, shared units of work and resources
- Excellent ongoing CPD, career development and promotion opportunities across the United Learning Bournemouth and Poole academy cluster
- Up to 9 INSET days per year, dedicated to subject knowledge development and planning/resource development
- An unrivalled professional progression model to enable great teachers to remain in the classroom via our Specialist Leaders of Education (SLE) routes and/or progression routes to middle and senior leadership
- A very pleasant location in beautiful Dorset
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will be:
- Passionate about education
- Have excellent knowledge and understanding of KS2
- Inspire children
- Looking for opportunities to enhance and develop your career
If you wish to discuss this role further or arrange a tour of the school, then please contact the Headteacher email@example.com
Avonwood Primary School is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Note – We reserve the right to interview and offer to a strong candidate prior to the closing date. It is strongly recommended that candidates submit their application as soon as possible.
For more information
To apply, please complete the online application form.
For more information about this role or to arrange a visit please contact:
Closing date for applications: Midnight on Sunday 1st 2023
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.