Swindon Academy Primary Phase
Swindon Academy, are looking to an appoint exceptional teacher to join their Primary Phase in September 2023.
This is an opportunity for an exceptional teacher to join the Primary Phase of this exciting All-Through Academy in Swindon. At Swindon Academy we value the highest level of professionalism in its teachers. We expect that all teachers will display a high level of knowledge and understanding of the subjects that they teach and communicate this enthusiastically to pupils. Our teachers have high expectations of all pupils both behaviourally and academically. Relationships are fundamental to creating a safe, stimulating and positive learning environment.
Salary: Highly competitive
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: September 2023
We are an OFSTED good-rated school and part of the country’s largest Multi-Academy Trust; United Learning.
We believe that it is our mission to ensure that all pupils can flourish both academically and personally in an aspirational and supportive environment so that they go on to live happy and fulfilling lives in the future. We pride ourselves on having the highest of expectations of everyone, both students and staff, and passionate about building a strong staff team who work together to drive success for our pupils. We are committed to providing a world-class education that improves the life chances of students, at whatever stage of learning, where hard work, kindness and responsibility are our shared values.
Located in the North of Swindon, we are within commuting distance of Bristol, Bath, Oxford and Reading and the beautiful surrounding Cotswolds Hills. The school boasts superb facilities, a spectacular building and a genuine commitment to ensuring that the Academy is a great place for pupils to learn and for staff to teach. We welcome applications from experienced teachers and those relocating to the area.
We are looking for a Primary teacher who:
- is aligned to our school’s vision and values. If you are the type of person who fits with our culture, you will love working here. Our culture is outlined in our Swindon Academy Way documents attached to the advert
- is passionate about primary education and is great practitioner with high expectations and good classroom management
- is truly committed to making a difference to the life-chances of students and believes that all children can achieve, no matter what their starting point, background or needs.
- is interested in the science of learning and is committed to continuous improvement
- can demonstrate excellent organisational and inter-personal skills and the ability to contribute to a team
- has clear vision, energy and commitment to all aspects of school life
Swindon Academy can offer you:
- the opportunity to work in the best school in Swindon
- an exceptional salary, above the maintained sector by 5% on average
- a strong whole-school team of hardworking, supportive and friendly colleagues
- a culture and ethos of sky-high expectations
- a rigorous whole-school behaviour system that allows teachers and pupils to benefit from disruption-free learning.
- fully resourced curriculum with centralised, shared units of work and resources.
- whole-class feedback marking policies and retrieval practice strategies aimed at supporting the work-life balance of teachers.
- a dedicated team of non-teaching pastoral and SEN staff who work with teachers to support pupils
- a commitment to workload and wellbeing through our WW Charter.
- a research driven (no fad) in-house professional development program utilising best practice and evidence-based teaching and learning initiatives.
- a coaching culture, where every teacher is supported to develop professionally
- access to the best professional development bespoke to all levels of leadership
- a ‘hands-on’ and committed Senior Leadership Team, completely determined to create an environment in which teachers can get on with their core role: delivering excellent lessons.
- huge personal satisfaction in your work as a leader & teacher
If you would like to contribute to our exciting school and would like to find out more, please email Karen.Wright@Swindon-Academy.org (Interim Principal). She will arrange a visit or an informal call to talk about the role.
Closing date: Wednesday, 19th April 2023.
Interviews to take place week beginning 24th April 2023.
This job post has expired.