Primary to Secondary Transition Teacher
The Cooper School, Bicester, Oxfordshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
Bernwode Schools Trust is seeking to appoint a Primary to Secondary Transition Teacher to join the team from Easter 2020 ideally but a September 2020 start would also be considered.
The successful candidate will have excellent teaching skills and the ability to provide a supportive transition programme, with a focus on English/Literacy and Maths/Numeracy for students in Year 7 who are low prior attainers. The role includes working across a Primary and Secondary school to support the transition process from Year 4 (at Glory Farm Primary School) and working upwards, looking to target the attainment gap.
For an informal discussion of the post please contact Mrs Mills-Webb, Assistant Headteacher on 01869 242121.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Human Resources to make arrangements by telephone on 01869 362697 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further details and an application form are available on the Academy website www.bernwodeschoolstrust.co.uk or please contact Human Resources by telephone on (01869) 362697 or by email email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday 27th January 2020, 9am
Bernwode Schools Trust have the right to interview and appoint at any time throughout this recruitment process. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
Applicants from outside the EU will need to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.
Bernwode Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding children. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check (formerly CRB) in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.
Details of the Academy’s policies relating to the Employment of Ex-Offenders and the Secure Storage, Handling, Use, Retention and Disposal of Disclosure and Barring Certificates and Disclosure information are included within the recruitment pack.
Essential educational requirements
• Well-qualified graduate with appropriate degree
• PGCE/Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Curriculum development work
• Experience across the age and ability range
• Experience of teaching at KS2
• Ability to work in a team
• Excellent classroom skills
• Creativity and flexibility
• Commitment to developing teaching and learning
• Commitment to raising attainment
• An awareness of responsibilities for health and safety of themselves and others.
• Successful and satisfactory background check received from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) after interview and before appointment.
• A commitment to safeguarding children.
We can offer you:
• An innovative and supportive working environment
• Caring, well behaved and motivated students.
• Friendly and hardworking colleagues.
• Good career development opportunities.
|School size||1291 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||The Cooper School website (opens in a new window)|
About The Cooper School
Churchill Road, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX26 4RS