New Horizons Primary School is currently seeking to appoint a Primary Tutoron a casual contract. We are looking for someone who has the drive, passion and skills to work at our primary academy based in Portsmouth.The successful candidate will provide additional tutoring to our students on a 1:1 or small group basis to help cover any areas identified by the class teacher for development. You will create a bespoke learning plan for students based on feedback from teachers and the Senior Leadership Team. The plans will vary in length depending on the students need and you will create engaging sessions thought the duration of the booking.
What you will need to succeed:
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached job description and person specification
- Be a qualified KS1/KS2 Teacher
- Have a minimum of 2 years teaching/ tutoring experience
- Be committed to contributing to our fully inclusive school, being proactive in adjusting support for pupils
- Plan and deliver individual tutoring sessions for your students to match their areas identified for improvement
- Develop teaching or training materials
- Identify areas for improvement by creating bespoke learning plans based on a students development needs
- Make sure students are prepared to an exam standard, assess any barriers to students' study progress
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the curriculum and qualification frameworks and use relevant and up to date tutoring methods and techniques
- Keep learner records, produce progress reports and make sure all relevant stakeholders are updated accordingly
Our school is a friendly, welcoming place with children who are full of energy and life. Learning is at the heart of what we do and we believe that all children enjoy their time at school.“Pupils behave well in class and feel safe. They listen to teachers and to each other attentively, respecting the views of others” – Ofsted
At New Horizons we strive to make a positive difference, each and every day together!
AtNew Horizons Primary School, we are a proud member of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust. This enables us to create a unique offer for children: an "all-through" educational journey in which they remain with the same family of schools throughout their education. New Horizons Primary School is one of five primary schools and one secondary school in Portsmouth to benefit from Thinking Schools' award-winning resources, curriculum, and collaboration opportunities. Following this fixed term contract, there is potential for a permanent role within our family of schools in Portsmouth.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps