- Job role
- Key stages
- KS1, KS2
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- L15 - L21
We are excited to be recruiting a Principal at Atlas Academy as our Trust appointed Executive Principal retires and we look to secure its substantive Principal for the next phase of its development.
Atlas is on an exciting improvement journey with new senior leaders and a clear plan for its future success. The team have introduced some strong initiatives such as a tightly coherent phonics scheme and a knowledge rich curriculum. Staff are flourishing from the additional training and support given by our Trust Central Team as well as Read Write Inc, Early Excellence and the Primary Knowledge Curriculum team.
Leaders have introduced incremental coaching to support improving pedagogy and included pupil voice in their school improvement activity to drive successful improvements in behaviour, learning and healthy eating. We now seek the right leader who will embrace these firm foundations and move it to a secure Good on its next inspection.
As our Principal, you will:
• Instill an ethos of high expectations for achievement and behaviour for all pupils
• Lead the development of the academy curriculum and culture
• Maintain strong working relationships with the community, agencies, and stakeholders, including parents and LECC members
• Oversee staffing allocation, including support staff, across the academy
We are looking for individuals who have:
• Effective management styles that encourages participation, innovation and confidence
• Experience of having helped lead a school that provides an excellent education for its pupils and has an excellent standard of teaching and learning.
• Resilience and motivation to lead the academy through day-to-day challenges while maintaining a clear strategic vision and direction
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 304 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About Atlas Academy
Astrea Academy Trust are fully committed to being diverse and inclusive workforce where together we can embrace each other’s unique individuality, background and heritage. We are a ‘Disability Confident Employer’ and all our application forms hide your personal information so we can focus solely on your experience, skills and qualities.
We believe that by reflecting and representing the communities and people we serve, we will better and further the life chances of our pupils.