Thorpe St Andrew School and Sixth Form
A member of The Yare Education Trust
Principal Required for April 2020
Laundry Lane, Thorpe St Andrew, Norwich, Norfolk, NR7 0XS
£89,900 - £101,574 (negotiable based on experience + relocation package)
Thorpe St Andrew School and Sixth Form is large and successful, rated ‘Outstanding’ in all categories at the time of its last inspection.
Our ‘Success for All’ philosophy is based upon a set of clear values:
• We come to school to work and learn.
• Every individual is important.
• We will always try to do our best.
• We will work to promote our community.
The person chosen to lead the next stage of our School’s development will understand how to deliver these values. The new Principal will:
• have a fundamental determination to maintain and further develop a culture that enables students and staff to embrace learning and personal development;
• recognise, celebrate and develop the contribution made by every student, every member of staff, every Governor and our local community to move the School forward;
• have the ambition, drive and determination to get the best from everyone and expect more of everyone than individuals may think is possible; and
• be able to ‘read the School and its community’ to ensure that all move forward together as we continue to build upon our educational philosophy.
It will take an exceptional person to lead our School. In return, the support, professional rewards and development from the School and The Yare Education Trust will be second to none.
For an informal and confidential discussion about the role please contact Mike Reynolds on 07798 630422. Further information and an application pack can also be found on the Vacancies section of the School website (https://thorpestandrewschool.org.uk/vacancies/).
Once completed, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Monday 7 October 2019 at 12 noon.
Interviews are scheduled for Tuesday 15 October and Wednesday 16 October 2019.
Essential educational requirements
Evidence of training and relevant qualifications in educational and
school leadership and management.
• qualified teacher status and first degree (or equivalent, for example, Cert Ed)
• record of CPD relevant to headship
• higher degree relevant to headship
• CPD record includes substantial relevant achievement
Essential skills and experience
• successful Leadership responsibility of/with a school Leadership Team
• experience in more than one school
• successful record in Middle Management as a Curriculum or Pastoral Leader
• successful teaching background in classroom delivery
• leadership experience in a big school
• experience of Post 16 education delivery
About Thorpe St Andrew School and Sixth Form
The Yare Education Trust
- Laundry Lane, Norwich, Norfolk, NR7 0XS
- Thorpe St Andrew School and Sixth Form website (opens in a new window)