The Winsford Academy is a co-educational 11 – 16 secondary school and part of a ten school multi-academy trust. We consider ourselves privileged to help to shape young lives in our community and we take the responsibility very seriously.
We are looking for a leader with the passion, drive and energy to build on the success of the current Principal who has been promoted to a new Headship.
Essential educational requirements
A serving Principal or an exceptional Vice Principal in a large secondary school that is ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’ or has a demonstrable record of improvement.
The post holder will be responsible for driving sustainable and measureable improvements in the standards and performance of the school.
NPQH and/or NLE ideally
Essential skills and experience
• A strong sense of moral purpose, a focus on pupil needs and the ability to assess the impact of teaching standards on student learning
• Evidence of school improvement and a commitment to high standards
• Ideally will have led, or been part of, a senior leadership team leading a school to ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’ and have worked in a ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’ school
• Financially literate
• A commitment to the values of the Trust and the principles of collaboration
• A track record of building relationships with feeder Primary Schools to drive pupil numbers and support transition
• Builds strong relationships and engages effectively with parents and the community to build confidence in the school
• A collaborative leadership style
• The passion, drive and energy to inspire and empower others
About The Winsford Academy
- Grange Lane, Winsford, Cheshire, CW7 2BT