||£70,000-£80,000 negotiable subject to experience
Principal required to join a fantastic Trust based in the North West.
QUEST is enhancing children and young people’s lives across the North West. We focus on giving everyone a real chance to succeed to ensure positive outcomes and consistently high achievement.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to shape our new University Collegiate School. QUEST is seeking to appoint a Principal who has passion, determination and enthusiasm. A Principal who is a talented leader, sees challenges as opportunities and has an unshakeable belief in the right of children and young people to high quality education.
We want a Principal to join QUEST and share our Spirit of Purpose to:
• Unlock potential at all levels;
• Create and sustain excellent schools with excellent teachers;
• Immerse learning in a rich curricular experience;
• Develop high level of skills through an innovative and creative approach to learning;
• Secure moral and traditional values for life:
• Ensure a high tech approach to skills development for the future;
• Drive the Trust’s digital strategy forward.
• Values-led, research-informed and impact-focussed
• Forward thinking
• A good communicator
• Well organised
Do you have:
• High expectations and share our Spirit of Purpose
• Successful Leadership experience
• The ability to engage parents/carers
• The knowledge and skills to demonstrate consistent standards of excellence
• A sense of fun, dedication and cutting edge vision
• A desire to achieve in and support a values-led organisation
If so, we can offer:
• A unique and innovative values-based Leadership structure
• A commitment to unlocking your potential
• Supportive challenge to develop yourself and others
• Amazing children who are happy, enthusiastic and curious to learn
• A positive, supportive working environment and culture
• A caring Christian / Community ethos at the heart of all we do
The Trust wants to hear from ambitious leaders with new ideas! Can you bring the magic? Why not join us on our exciting new journey?
20 Great Reasons to work for us…………….
1. Great pupils you will never forget.
2. Our schools are all about passion, determination and enthusiasm and we live these words - it’s how we show up at work.
3. Our motto, ‘Unlocking Potential’, reflects how we see challenges as opportunities and have an unshakeable belief in the right of children to a high quality education.
4. A coaching culture of high rapport, high challenge and high support to enable you to work at the top of your game.
5. Stunning staff, motivated to succeed.
6. A staff voice across the Trust that is actually listened to and shapes our evolution – our Spirit Group.
7. Inspirational Leadership and great teamwork at all levels.
8. Senior Leaders you can trust, who have integrity and moral purpose, are human and walk the talk.
9. Amazing exam results with a ‘whole education’ genuinely valued.
10. Be the best through our Spirit of Purpose programme including an outstanding induction year for newly qualified and experienced teachers.
11. Access to the Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family’s wellbeing.
12. Participation in the Childcare Voucher Scheme, free of tax and NI.
13. Investment in staff training, e.g. subsidised MA qualification options.
14. An internal market for promotion within the growing group of QUEST Academies or as a funded ‘Change Champions’.
15. A unique collaborative approach across the Trust serving the needs of our communities.
16. Termly staff newsletter celebrating successes and achievements and responding to your questions.
17. Credit Union savings scheme.
18. A newly structured working pattern with a two week break in October.
19. Welcoming people, positive teams and working environments – ‘A Balance for Excellence’.
20. Our great students.
Applying for the job
More on how to apply
About University Collegiate School
Located within the University of Bolton campus, UCS has an outstanding £10 million facility for 11-19 year olds which includes specialist laboratories for Optometry, Clinical Dentistry, Pharmaceutical Consulting, Medical Simulation, Robotics, Electronics and 3D Printing.
At the University Collegiate School, learning embraces creative and innovative approaches that engage students, utilising modern technology to maintain pace and interest. Our curriculum design leads the way in a new era of secondary school learning and supports students to learn and develop life skills; to develop resilience in overcoming challenge and develop critical thinking. These skills are what we all require in life, not simply learning and at the University Collegiate School we will provide this bespoke support.
Our facilities uniquely inspire and motivate our students to succeed in their studies and propel their careers forward.
Our staff are subject specialists that employ a wide range of teaching and learning strategies, with our digital platform embedded in delivery to provide the best possible learning opportunities for our students.
We aim to continue the journey of the UTC’s success, as SSATs Educational Outcomes Award Winners and build on this as we welcome our first cohort of Year 7 students in September 2020. The team who have worked tirelessly to improve standards so far, will be the bedrock of the successes in the future and provide a level of excellence and professionalism now being recognised by others.
Arranging a visit to University Collegiate School
Visits are warmly welcome via appointment –
please contact QUEST Head Office on 01942 834000 to book a time slot
Monday 2nd November – all day
Friday 6th November – all day
Monday 9th November – Morning
Tuesday 10th November - Morning
Deane Road, Bolton, Greater Manchester, BL3 5AG