are looking for a well-qualified, enthusiastic and conscientious progress leader to join the Science Department. The successful candidate will be aspirational, showing a
commitment to raising achievement through outstanding teaching and
The successful candidates will have:
of quality assuring teaching and learning
of holding teachers to account for quality of teaching and learning
of mentoring/coaching teachers in science
experience of assessment criteria to track progress and ensure effective
experience in a post of responsibility in a secondary school
- S uccessful
responsibility for raising attainment and progress beyond own teaching group
experience of teaching science at KS3 and KS4
experience of teaching a range of abilities
- Successful experience
of teaching in a comprehensive school with a significant number of
disadvantaged students (Desirable)
- Vibrant with high expectations of themselves and students
- Passionate about learning
- Caring and patient
- Able to work as part of a team
- Ambitious for their own professional and career development
- Able to motivate and enthuse students through a commitment to equal opportunities, regardless of background, Special Educational Needs or prior attainment
- Enthusiastic about wider school developments, including Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural Education
We are a happy school community in which the skills and potential of our students are developed, encouraging moral, social and economic awareness so that they can lead confident, healthy and responsible lives as individuals and members of society. Academic success is of course important, but we are also committed to ensuring that students develop the skills that will prepare them for life-long learning in a rapidly changing world; confident in their ability to meet any challenges ahead and enabling every student to succeed and achieve their full potential.
BBEC is an inclusive school, our school motto is ‘We all belong at BBEC’. We celebrate our differences and our similarities and do not tolerate discrimination of any type. We have a bold approach to inclusion and work so that all students and staff can bring their authentic selves to school.
We can offer you:
- An environment in which all members of staff are valued and developed according to their own aspirations
- Additional access to professional development both within school and through other local providers.
- A supportive and ambitious Academy Trust which enables strong networking and career development
To assist with your application, and give further background information on the post, we have enclosed details on the department, person specification and job description which can be found in the Job Pack.
We look forward to receiving your completed application form. Applications must be received by the closing date of 9am on 4 December 2023. Interviews to be held w/c 4 December 2023.
If you would like to speak to someone about the vacancy, please contact Taffy Brown at Buttershaw Business and Enterprise College on 01274 676285, or by email at email@example.com
Buttershaw Business and Enterprise College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and a prohibited list check.
This job post has expired.