Qualified Teacher – Early Years
Linden Lodge School is a special school in Wimbledon. We have 143 pupils aged 2 to 19 with vision impairment. A number of pupils have a range of additional needs alongside their vision impairment which include Social Emotional Needs, Multi-Sensory impairment, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Moderate Learning Difficulties, Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties and Complex Medical Needs. Pupils’ abilities range from P1 to pupils who progress to GCSE and beyond.
We are looking to recruit an outstanding Early Years practitioner to work in the Jasmine Centre. We would like to hear from teachers with experience in Early Years or Primary education. A supportive team environment will enable you to develop your professional experience and expertise within a department that was rated as outstanding in our last OFSTED inspection (February 2017).
Our Early years provision enables children to reach outstanding outcomes through highly skilled teaching and personalised outcomes
Experience of a similar role would be an advantage.
We are looking for outstanding teachers who:
• Are committed to ensuring every child reaches their full potential
• Are creative and innovative in their teaching
• Are resilient and able to demonstrate a positive caring attitude
• Are highly organised and able to plan, model and deliver outstanding teaching
• Are committed to working in partnership with families and other professionals to achieve the best outcomes for pupils
• Embrace change and innovation positively
We can offer you:
• Access and support to gain Mandatory Qualifications
• Excellent support based on Collaboration, Coaching and Mentoring and Line Management
• Excellent CPD
• Outstanding facilities and resources
• Experience in multi-disciplinary professional practice
• The scope for you to bring your own creativity and talents within a structured framework of assessment, planning and processes
School Tour: We encourage applicants to visit us. Please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Louise Greenwood, to arrange a suitable date and time.
Completed applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also download an application and details from the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/.
Closing Date for all applications: 07th March 2019
Interview Date: Week commencing 11th March 2019
Linden Lodge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, an enhanced DBS will be required.
CVs are not accepted.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in relevant subject
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Early Years Teaching Experience
SEN1 allowance (An additional SEN point is available to applicants with the Mandatory Qualification in Vision Impairment/Hearing Impairment/multisensory impairment)
About Linden Lodge School
Specialist provision for students with Hearing and Visual Impairments
- 61 Princes Way, London, SW19 6JB
- Not Applicable
- Linden Lodge School website (opens in a new window)