Raising Standards Lead - Science
Start Date 20th April, 2019 or earlier if possible.
We are looking for an outstanding teacher with the ability to lead the Faculty's approach to raising standards across all year groups with a focus on GCSE.
As well as being an excellent classroom practitioner, the role will include:
• Identifying and implementing strategies to ensure all students make at least expected progress in Science.
• Working closely with the school's Raising Standards Leader to implement PiXL strategies to ensure Year 11 students achieve their potential.
• Co-ordinate the Triple Science offer.
• Ensure schemes of work are fit for purpose and enable all students to achieve their best possible outcomes.
As a member of the Science Faculty you will benefit from access to 8 Science laboratories and a fully resourced preparation room – all equipped to A-Level standard with the most up-to-date facilities and one laboratory dedicated solely to burning experiments.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in relevant subject(s)
PGCSE or equivalent
Enhanced DBS certificate, vetting disclosure & barring service checks.
Essential skills and experience
You will be an inspirational practitioner with great curriculum knowledge across the Science spectrum.
You will have a passionate belief in the ability of all to succeed, have high personal standards and set the highest expectations of students.
TLR 2.1 - £2,796
About Earl Mortimer College and Sixth Form Centre
Earl Mortimer College & Sixth Form Centre is a thriving and dynamic College placing the education of our students, in all aspects, at the heart of its drive for excellence. In November 2013 and October 2017 our Ofsted report judged us Good in every single aspect. At our truly comprehensive College, we have 558 students on roll including our post-16 provision. Our students come from a large rural catchment area, however, the College itself is the most modern, ’state of the art’ and attractive learning environment.
- South Street, Leominster, Herefordshire, HR6 8JJ
- LA Maintained School
- Earl Mortimer College and Sixth Form Centre website (opens in a new window)