This job expired on 19 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
19 April 2023 at 12pm (midday)
21 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Englishjobs, PSHE, View all Religious educationjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5
- Maternity or parental leave cover - up to 12 months
What skills and experience we're looking for
- To teach RE/PSHE across the age and ability range in accordance with the requirements of a professionally qualified teacher
- Teach RE/PSHE across the age and ability range in such a way as to challenge and inspire all students, with clear objectives, delivered in line with department schemes of work and school policies.
- Plan and deliver lessons to students according to their educational needs and with reference to prior attainment, SEN and EAL as required, striving to ensure equal opportunities for all and to provide students with the opportunity to achieve their potential.
- Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students in line with school policies,ensuring that marking and assessment are of consistently high quality and in accordance with the school assessment policy.
- Maintain effective behaviour management in the classroom, using positive behaviour strategies to ensure learner’s engagement in the lesson.
- Monitor the progress and achievement of the students following the course and identify the appropriate intervention strategies for underachieving students.
- Set high expectations for students and develop their behaviour for learning through focused teaching and through the development of positive and productive relationships.Manage, develop and share resources to enhance teaching of RE/PSHE
- Promote enrichment and extension of RE/PSHE across the department, participating and developing events,trips and visits as well as producing high quality displays.
- Contribute to objectives of the curriculum area within the school objectives and take part in an annual review of the subject and curriculum area.Take a full role in the pastoral system of the school, by being a tutor and a member of staff well known to the community of students.
- Embrace the continued professional development programme within the school, striving to be a lifelong learner, maximising opportunities to make impact within the role.
What the school offers its staff
We know to be the greatest place to work we must welcome great people, retain greatpeople and develop great people
In our Trust, we are committed to nurturing a workplace where our employees feel thatthey belong. We believe that the culture of our trust thrives when individual differences areembraced so that everyone feels comfortable and confident in being who they are. This issupported through ensuring inclusivity in culture and equity in opportunities. We arecommitted to high quality and reflective employment practice so that we attract, retainand grow employees from diverse backgrounds and communities
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About St Luke's Church of England School
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 810 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
We are incredibly proud to be part of the rapidly growing Ted Wragg Trust and believe whole heartedly in their mission to grow great people. If you join St Luke’s you will be surrounded by people who have an unapologetic mission to be better every day. We offer all staff exceptional professional development through weekly coaching which has seen us be named as one of only 13 national coaching hubs. Our staff also benefit from disruption free classrooms created by a centralised behaviour system, wider Trust leadership development programmes as well as access to exceptional leadership coaching and opportunities such as SW100. At St Luke’s, we are relentless in our mission to support the improvement of educational outcomes in the South West and are proud to be one of the most improved schools in the region following our 2022 outcomes. As a member of our team, we expect the same aspiration and are searching for people who reflect our core values by taking responsibility to achieve their best. If you are someone who believes in the power of education to transform the lives of all young people, regardless of background, then St Luke’s is the place for you. We will provide you with the very best training, opportunities and environment that ensures you can be brilliant every day.
Arranging a visit to St Luke's Church of England School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Earl Richards Road South, Exeter, Devon, EX2 6AP
Teacher of English (with possibility of TLR)
Cullompton Community College
Exeter Road, Cullompton, Devon, EX15 1DX
Higher Ranscombe Road, Brixham, Devon, TQ5 9HF
Earl Richards Road South, Exeter, Devon, EX2 6AP
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Exeter and Devon, Plymouth and Torbay