- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Inner London Main Pay Scale
Reception Class Teacher
Inner London Main Pay Scale
Permanent, full time vacancy
Required from January 2022
The success of Preston Manor School is built on an 80-year old reputation which continues to flourish through its committed staff, dedicated Governors and supportive parents.
We are an all-through co-operative school with pupils ranging from 4 – 19 years. Staff are expected to make the most of this all through provision and to liaise with relevant colleagues in all parts of the school. The school is based over two sites and there may be times when colleagues are expected to work across both sites with pupils.
We value working in partnership together with our young people to achieve the best outcomes for every pupil that joins our prestigious school. The school is oversubscribed for places, reflecting the reputation the school has for its academic rigour and excellence in teaching and learning.
We are proud of our focus on pupil and staff wellbeing, which is evident from the moment you step into our community. We are driven in our aims and ambitions and aspire to continue to build on our success in a supportive and friendly environment.
At Preston Manor we celebrate diversity and equality of opportunity, which is reflected in our high staff-retention rates and the successes of our pupil population.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and supportive team of teachers who are committed to helping our pupils achieve to the highest level possible, and prioritising the professional development of all its staff.
We are looking for teachers who:
• have high expectations of pupils’ behaviour and achievement
• are child-centred in their approach
• are willing to run after school clubs and booster sessions
• are willing to run a school choir
• have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
• have the ability to work well in a team
• are able to develop excellent relationships with our children and parents
• the opportunity to work across the education phases
• motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious pupils
• a friendly and supportive team of teachers
• well-resourced facilities
• a professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
• a commitment to professional development, including an excellent CPD programme including ECT induction and Teach First training
The school is situated within walking distance of the world famous Wembley Stadium, which offers easy access to newly created facilities including the London Designer Outlet.
The school benefits from excellent transport links via public transport and is located a short walk from both Wembley Park and Preston Road Underground Stations. Central London locations are accessible within 20 minutes from the school.
The school is also easily accessible from main roads including the M25, M1, M40, A40 and A406.
The above post provides an excellent opportunity to work in a high quality environment and to become part of a highly motivated and visionary staff.
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out their role on the school site.
"Students at Preston Manor are always aiming high supported by the teachers who push them further.’
‘Preston Manor is a vibrant, diverse and enriched community. The discipline and teaching is first-class, giving us a wider perspective of how the world around us works.’
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.