Reception Class Teacher
This job expired on 5 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
Required for September 2023
5 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
22 May 2023
- Early years
- View all Full timejobs - This is a full-time contract
- Fixed term - This is a full-time one year fixed term contract
- Teachers Pay Scale
What skills and experience we're looking for
This Reception teacher post from September 2023 is ideal for either an ambitious and highly motivated ECT, or an experienced Reception teacher. We are looking for an outstanding teacher who has a passion for working with young children and can demonstrate excellent practice with a commitment to maintaining high standards of teaching and learning. You will be joining our talented and supportive team intheEYFS.
You should have:
- a good knowledge and understanding of the Early Years curriculum and the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework 2021
- an excellentunderstanding of the importance ofcommunication and language within the early years,early reading and the teaching of daily high quality phonics lessons.
- the ability to work within a team, manage staff and communicate clearly with all adults and services involved with the EYFS.
- to have excellent classroom organisation and behaviour management strategies.
- Be familiar with the SEND code of practice and how to ensure provision is appropriate to all learners
- Have a good understanding of assessment (Baseline and EYFSP) and be able to make sound assessments based on professional judgment and knowledge and understanding of what a child knows, understands, and can do.
- a complete commitment to the safeguarding and wellbeing of all pupils.
What the school offers its staff
In return we can offer:
- excellent opportunities for professional development. As a school we have a strong track record in developing middle leaders.
- a well-resourced curriculum
- a friendly and supportive working environment with a dedicated staff team, hardworking children and supportive parents.
- specialist teachers in Computing, Music and PE
- astro Turf Sports Pitch
- for ECTT applicants, a commitment to professional development through training and mentoring, a bespoke ECT programme and dedicated ECT & PPA release time
The successful applicant would join the ‘Sacred Heart family” and be part of the Federation of Sacred Heart and St Mary’s schools. Sacred Heart is an established, happy, diverse and successful school where children enjoy learning, benefiting from quality first teaching across all phases. We are committed to providing a creative broad and balanced curriculum and have specialist music, PE, computing and Italian teachers. All of this is rooted within our Catholic faith and gospel values. We welcome applications from Catholic teachers and those who are sympathetic to the Catholic faith.
Visits are warmly welcomed. We look forward to hearing from you and would encourage you to contact Mrs Byrne at Sacred Heart via the school office.
Further details about the role
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below or from the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email to
email@example.com or by post.
Closing date: 05 June 2023 (noon)
Shortlisting 05 June 2023 Interviews: Week beginning 12 June 2023
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School, Battersea
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Roman Catholic, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 382 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
The Federation of Sacred Heart and St Mary’s Catholic Primary Schools, Battersea
Arranging a visit to Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School, Battersea
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
St Gabriel's CofE Primary School
Churchill Gardens Road, London, SW1V 3AG
Our Lady and St George's Catholic Primary School
Shernhall Street, London, E17 3EA
Ark Byron Primary Academy
The Vale, London, W3 7JT
Morden Mount Primary School
Lewisham Road, London, SE13 7QP
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London