Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Fixed term (1 year starting 1st September 2021)
Main scale M1 to M6
Purpose of the job:
To carry out the professional duties of a teacher as set out in the relevant pages of the Academy Teacher’s Pay and Conditions document; meet the expectations set out in the Teaching Standards; to promote and embed the Values and Conditions of the Aspirations Academy Trust.
Duties and responsibilities
• Plan and teach well-structured lessons to assigned classes, following the Academy’s plans, curriculum and schemes of work
• Assess, monitor, record and report on the learning needs, progress and achievements of assigned pupils, making accurate and productive use of assessment
• Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of pupils
• Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils
• Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils
• Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
• Participate in arrangements for preparing pupils for external tests
Whole-school organisation, strategy and development
• Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of the Academy’s policies, practices and procedures, so as to support the Academy’s values and vision
• Make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the Academy
• Work with others on curriculum and pupil development to secure co-ordinated outcomes
Health, safety and discipline
• Promote the safety and wellbeing of pupils
• Maintain good order and discipline among pupils, managing behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
• Take part in the Academy’s appraisal procedures
• Take part in further training and development in order to improve own teaching
• Where appropriate, take part in the appraisal and professional development of others
• Communicate effectively and professionally with pupils, staff, parents and carers
Working with colleagues and other relevant professionals
• Collaborate and work with colleagues and other relevant professionals within and beyond the school
• Develop effective professional relationships with colleagues
Personal and professional conduct
• Uphold public trust in the profession and maintain high standards of ethics and behaviour, within and outside the Academy
• Have proper and professional regard for the ethos, policies and practices of the Academy, and maintain high standards of attendance and punctuality
• Understand and act within the statutory frameworks setting out their professional duties and responsibilities
Other areas of responsibility
• The teacher will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people, and follow school policies and the staff code of conduct.
This job description is not a comprehensive definition of the post. Discussions will take place on a regular basis to clarify individual responsibilities within the general framework and character of the post as identified below. The conditions of employment of teachers in the Academy Teachers’ Pay and Conditions of Service Document apply to this post, whose holder is expected to carry out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require, under the reasonable direction of the Principal.
This job description does not form part of the contract of employment. It describes the way in which the teacher is expected and required to perform and complete the particular duties as set out above.
Applying for the job
Application packs can be downloaded via the eteach or from our school website http://www.dashwood-aspirations.org/ and should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
426 pupils enrolled
2 to 11
About Dashwood Banbury Academy
We are a ‘Good’ 2-form entry primary school based in the heart of Banbury, Oxfordshire, with approximately 435 pupils aged 2-11 years old. Our drive for academic excellence goes hand in hand with a responsibility for our pupils’ wellbeing. We aim to provide pupils with a passion to achieve their best, now and in the future. We put our pupils’ physical and mental wellbeing on a par with their academic performance. In order for our pupils to be successful, we support and guide them to become happy, healthy, resilient, motivated learners. We have a broad and diverse curriculum that incorporates the national curriculum, our aspirations conditions, SMSC, mindfulness, healthy living and outdoor learning. As part of the Aspirations Academies Trust, we offer excellent opportunities to develop staff not only in their teaching role but also in leadership opportunities should they wish to.
Arranging a visit to Dashwood Banbury Academy
We would love to show you around our amazing school before applying for the job so if you would like to arrange a visit (virtual or in person), please contact our Business Manager Ruth Jakeman on 01295 263240.
You may also be interested in finding out more about us at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hckncd9HeWY&t=12s