- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
25 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 8am - 1pm
- Contract type
- Annual or full-time equivalent (FTE) salary
- CAN point 14 (£12,757 actual salary, £22,027 full time equivalent)
- Actual salary
Job summaryGeneral Purpose of the Job
- To provide general administrative and clerical support to the school.
- To respond to parent and visitor enquiries and answer the telephone
- To provide first aid support for the school
- To respond to parent and visitor requests for information/enquiries at the visitor receptions.
- To respond to student requests through the student reception rota
- To answer telephone enquiries received by the school
- To undertake the despatch of post from the school.
- To monitor stationery supplies within the office and order replacements as necessary.
- To undertake computer and general administration, filing or other work, as requested by the Office Manager or Headteacher.
First Aid Support (as part of the first aid team)
- To undertake First Aid Training and maintain Certification
- To be, with others in the team, a first “port of call” for First Aid treatment in emergencies, and advise and respond to students or staff reporting unwell to the office, ensuring a good level of care for students and staff in these events.
- To liaise with parents/carers regarding illness during the day or any special medical arrangements required as needed
- To ensure, as part of the first aid team, that student medical records reflect needs, including ensuring that serious conditions are flagged up to relevant staff, and that all relevant information is available on integris
- To liaise with the school nurse as requested by the line manager regarding training, whole school inoculations and other events as needed; to train staff as needed in relevant aspects of care
- As part of the first aid team, to oversee the school medical room, including ensuring appropriate medical supplies; to ensure that medication held is in date, including any provided for students eg epipen, flagging up any replacement needs with the relevant bodies (including parents/carers)
- To keep records of treatment given, including updating IRIS
- Notify trip leaders of any medical needs of students on trips as requested. To provide first aid kits and various medications for students to the trip leader.
This is a non-teaching post which will give the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to contribute to the work of the school, working with students, staff and parents/carers. The role is varied and responsible and is line managed by the Office Manager.
The Receptionist/Administration Assistant will be expected to liaise effectively with both teaching and support staff at all levels as well as with parents, students and external agencies. They will thus need the following qualities:-
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Very good organisational and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to form good working relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues
- Adaptability and flexibility in working practices and the ability to know when to use his/her initiative
- Calmness and purpose when dealing with medical emergencies
- Ability to keep confidentiality as required
- A high degree of professionalism in their approach to work and tasks set
In addition, the Receptionist/Administration Assistant will be expected to have:
- A good level of computer literacy in Word and Excel plus a willingness to learn more specialist applications as required
- A good level of administrative skill
- An understanding of First Aid procedures
Training in school systems and practices will be provided both prior to the post being undertaken and during service.
Applying for the job
Further information and an application form are available from the joining us/staff vacancies page of the school website. Please note that applications MUST be submitted on a school application form; CVs are not accepted.More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.