Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant - (Glebe Farm)
Inspiring Futures Through Learning, Milton Keynes, MK11 4BA
This job expired on 27 June 2022 – see similar jobs
Expected start date
1 September 2022
27 June 2022 at 12:00pm
15 June 2022
About Inspiring Futures Through Learning
- Trust type
- Multi-academy trust
- Contact email
Purpose of job
To deliver comprehensive administrative support services to Glebe Farm School under the direction of the Office Manager or other designated person.
Front of House Duties
• To be an ambassador for the school when meeting parents and other visitors and to act as a first point of reference when people arrive.
• Be the first point of contact for Glebe Farm School and answer telephone calls, emails and general enquiries, confidently communicating information clearly and accurately, ensuring school procedures are followed.
• Take appropriate action on own initiative, resolving minor matters, referring more serious matters to an appropriate member of staff.
• Adhere to school procedures and ensure that staff or children receive messages promptly and accurately.
• Ensure that signing-in procedures and Safeguarding procedures are strictly followed consistently followed ensuring all visitors and contractors can be identified by wearing clearly visible badges.
• Receive and distribute in-year admission paperwork and be first point of contact with parents.
• Sign in any late pupils and sign out pupils that are leaving the premises early. Ensure the authorisation for collection of children is adhered to.
• Deal with post and parcels and take receipt of deliveries.
• Receive medication brought in by parents, ensure it is documented and the teachers are aware.
• Ensure that the office is secured at the end of the day and signs displayed. All confidential documents secured and area tidy.
General Administration Duties
• Pupil attendance records - Maintain and collate registers, recording information into SIMS. Contact parents on the first day of absence and follow up on any children absent without authorization, record on database in accordance with school procedures.
• Deal with School Fruit and Vegetable Scheme and Cool Milk, our milk and fruit suppliers.
• Ensure data collection sheets are kept up to date and accessible in case of an emergency.
• Provide general support to include word processing, photocopying, correspondence, mail,
calendar, staff notice board, appointments and meetings, maintain general and confidential
filing systems, and provide hospitality as required.
• Liaise with school nurse team.
• Co-ordinate Parentmail booking system for parents evening.
• Keep photocopier stocked and liaise with company for maintenance issues.
• Contact with pupils is generally incidental to the main job duties but post holders may assist
with the temporary care of sick pupils.
• Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health,
safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an
• Requires normal physical effort, with a mixture of sitting, walking and carrying minor loads.
• To adhere to school local and national authorities guidelines and exercise professional
discretion at all times.
• Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as
• Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school and Trust
• Attend relevant meetings
• To always maintain confidentiality
• Be aware of fire procedures and policy and duties.
• Responsible for gathering registers (pupil registers and visitor sign in register) and the
emergency contact details for pupils.
• Sweep the reception area, offices and disabled toilets before exiting via the emergency exit.
• At the assembly point ensure all visitors and contractors are accounted for.
• Read and be familiar with medical policies and procedures.
• Be aware of the school’s intimate care policy.
• May handle small amounts of cash (e.g. school visits etc.) in line with School’s Finance
• No formal supervisory responsibility but may demonstrate administrative duties to new
or less experienced staff.
• Work is normally carried out in an office environment.
Schools benefit from a flexible approach to working arrangements – because of this, the
tasks and responsibilities listed here are not definitive. Head Teachers may
require particular additional duties to be undertaken to suit the specific school’s
requirements and these may be incorporated in the role requirements as long as they are
at a similar and appropriate level to the other listed duties.
Review of Performance
Performance Management reviews will focus on the post holders’ responsibilities. There is recognition that however good we are at our jobs; we should embrace the notion of ‘continuous improvement’.
Code of Conduct
Glebe Farm expects all staff to ensure that their standards of conduct are, always, compliant with the IFtL Code of Conduct.
Generic Responsibilities of all Glebe School Staff
• To work consistently to uphold School’s belief that no child is born to fail.
• To exemplify and uphold the school and Trust’s vision, values and ethos at all times particularly with regards to children’s wellbeing and emotional development.
• To follow all school policies
• To work in a co-operative and polite manner with all stakeholders.
• To work with children in a courteous, positive, caring, and responsible manner always.
• To follow the child protection procedures. To ensure that children’s safety and wellbeing is never compromised
• Demonstrate a keen interest and involvement in all aspects of school life
• To be polite, cooperative, and positive when communicating to other staff.
• To take an active and positive role in the school’s commitment to the development of staff, and their annual review procedures.
• To work with visitors to the school in such a way that it enhances the reputation of the school.
• To seek to improve the quality of the school’s service.
• To present oneself in a professional way that is consistent with the values and expectations of the school.
Inspiring Futures Through Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All employees are expected to share this commitment, to follow the Trust’s safeguarding policies and procedures and to behave appropriately towards children at all times, both in work and in their personal lives.
All school-based posts are defined as Regulated Activity and therefore this post is subject to an Enhanced with Barred List Criminal Records Bureau check.
Head office location
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Milton Keynes