This job expired on 8 February 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
As soon as possible
8 February 2023 at 12pm (midday)
14 December 2022
- View all Part timejobs - 40 hours per week, term time only (8am-5pm including 1-hour unpaid lunch break)
- £19,245 - £19,543
- Grade B Steps 1-3
What skills and experience we're looking for
In this key position, you will manage the day-to-day running of all aspects of reception administration, in a professional, effective and efficient manner.
Your primary duties will be to:
- Act as the first point of call for all general parent/student/staff and visitor enquiries received either by telephone, email or in person
- Ensure the reception area is clean and tidy and projects a professional image
- Welcome all visitors to the school courteously and professionally, ensuring they have appropriate security checks and sign in and out in accordance with school procedures
- Organise the school’s stationery orders
- Be part of the end of day procedure team, ensuring all students leave the school in a timely manner on the correct mode of transport
The successful candidate will contribute to the positive ethos of the school and will:
- Have a good standard of general education including GCSE English & Maths
- (or equivalent)
- Have experience of working in a school reception/office environment or in a reception/office environment
- Have a friendly and calm approach, even under pressure
- Have excellent customer service skills with a proactive ‘can do attitude’, that offers flexibility
- Have excellent IT skills and experience of using Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word and Excel
- Be able to demonstrate sensitivity, tact and resilience when dealing with challenging circumstances
- Empathise with our students and be sympathetic to their needs
What the school offers its staff
Dove House is a popular, successful, and highly regarded school for students with moderate learning difficulties, aged between 11-19. We are proud to be an outstanding school (Ofsted 2019) but retain our passion to keep moving forward.
We are guided by the simple question “Have I made a difference today?” in fact, everything we do at Dove House is designed to make a difference to our students and their families.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, confident person to join our fantastic Business, Administration and Finance team as our Receptionist.
We are able to offer on-site parking, pension scheme, health and wellness support programme, onsite fitness gym.
Further details about the role
Dove House School Academy Trust is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Disclaimer: You are advised to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date, if we have received sufficient applications that meet the criteria, or a suitable candidate is found.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Dove House School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 19
- School size
- 246 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Dove House School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
School for children with moderate learning difficulties and autism
Arranging a visit to Dove House School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Pound Hill, Alresford, Hampshire, SO24 9BS
Maiden Erlegh School in Reading
81 Crescent Road, Reading, RG1 5SL
Budds Lane, Bordon, Hampshire, GU35 0JB
Kings International College
Watchetts Drive, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 2PQ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Basingstoke and Hampshire