- Early years, KS1, KS2
- Fixed term (01.09.2022 - 31.08.2023)
Recovery Class Teacher job summary
We are looking to appoint an innovative, creative and enthusiastic teacher to join the Yew Tree family.
We are looking for experienced teacher (MPS or UPS) in order to complement our teaching team. This role involves working across the school, either working with small groups or whole classes, as part of our ‘recovery’ programme to support children in catching up on learning (specific details of the post can be discussed by contacting the school).
We want to meet candidates who think they have something to offer Yew Tree and who can support us in securing rapid improvements we have secured at our school in the last 12-18 months. Under a strong leadership team, the school has secured a good Ofsted (Oct’ 21) and is now ready to cement this improvement.
We are looking for candidates with experience in any key stage across the primary age range. Unfortunately, on this occasion, we are not looking for an Early Career Teacher (ECT). We are interested in hearing from individuals with a range of talents, experiences and skills which will offer something unique to our school community. Teaching at Yew Tree is more than a job; It is being a part of our family – our community!
We are looking for somebody who is:
• Passionate about education.
• Confident and up-to-date with curriculum & assessment strategies.
• Able to create an exciting learning environment for our pupils.
• Capable of delivering an outstanding quality of teaching.
• Committed to developing every child
• Able to meet the differing needs of children in their class.
• Committed to working closely with the school community.
• Willing to work as part of a team.
• Able to foster and develop a caring ethos.
We can offer the successful candidate:
• A supportive environment in which relationships are nurtured
• A dedicated, friendly and passionate staff
• A commitment to continued professional development
• A commitment to high standards and continual improvement
• Enthusiastic and caring pupils who work hard
• Modern facilities and extensive grounds to inspire learning
• Strong ICT infrastructure and an extremely well-resourced school
• Access to coaching and mentoring from a strong senior leadership team
Applying for the job
For more information on the role please refer to the Job Description and Employee Specification or contact our Business Manager, Abeda BegumDownload an application form - 229 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Yew Tree Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 11
- School size
- 621 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
We are a friendly three-form entry primary school with a nursery class. We are looking for a committed teacher, capable of providing high quality teaching, to join a supportive team of staff who passionately believe in providing the best education for our children.
This is an extremely exciting time to join Yew Tree as we moved in to a brand new £7m building in November 2019 and we are now developing areas of our site to enhance provision. Our head teacher took up his position in January 2020 and is looking to build a team of people who passionately believe in our five core values (responsibility, respect, courage, ambition & pride) and our vision of ‘Learning Without Limits’ for all of our children.
Yew Tree Primary School complies with all aspects of the Equality Act and there is an expectation of all staff to also show support the protected characteristics. Any posts are subject to approval of two references and subject to any necessary safeguarding checks.
Arranging a visit to Yew Tree Primary School
Visits can be arranged by contacting the school. However, candidates are also invited to view our website, Twitter feed and the virtual tour of our school which is available at: