- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- £90,000 - £100,000
Astrea Academy Trust has an exciting opportunity for a Regional Director of our Secondary South Yorkshire Academies to join their team!
As our Regional Director, you will be supported by our Director of Secondary to lead on the strategic improvement of our four South Yorkshire Secondary Academies. From driving up standards in pupil attainment, challenging and support academies to achieve their targets to leading improvement of teaching and learning practices, our Regional Directors play a pivotal role in increasing the life chances and opportunities for our 14000 students.
As our Regional Director, you will be:
• Work with designated leaders across the Trust to drive up standards of pupil attainment and achievement, reporting monthly to Trust Performance Review
• Monitor and evaluate the work of the academies and build their capacity to improve through directing, mentoring, coaching, professional development and performance management
• Ensure schools achieve their performance targets for inclusion, which include academic and attendance targets for SEND, disadvantaged and pupils with EAL.
• Ensure that each Principal has in place sound strategies for monitoring and evaluating the quality of teaching and standards of pupils’ achievement, using benchmarks and setting targets for rapid improvement of all children, including those in vulnerable groups
We are looking for individuals who have:
• Experienced school leader with a track record of school transformation, especially on pupil behaviour attitudes and staff/pupil culture.
• Proven experience of delivering school improvement and improving pupil outcomes across a number of schools.
• Up-to-date, evidence-led knowledge of, and engagement in subject/curriculum, national policy, pedagogy, classroom management strategies, inspection findings and statutory requirement.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- Trust type
- Multi-academy trust
About Astrea Academy Trust
Astrea Academy Trust is fully committed to being diverse and inclusive workforce where together we can embrace each other’s unique individuality, background and heritage. We are a ‘Disability Confident Employer’ and all our application forms hide your personal information so we can focus solely on your experience, skills and qualities.
We believe that by reflecting and representing the communities and people we serve, we will better and further the life chances of our pupils.
In return, we can offer you:
• Generous Annual Leave entitlement
• Access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme or Local Government Pension Scheme
• Flexible working opportunities from your first day
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Continued professional development and training opportunities
• Free on-site parking