The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT), one of the largest Multi-Academy Trusts in theSoutheast of England, with over 45 Primary, Secondary and SEN Academies in the TKATFamily.
Our ultimate aim is to ensure we drive educational standards through the provision ofoutstanding teaching, leadership and learning for all. As part of this work, we are looking toappoint a Regional Premises Manager working initially across 5 of our primary academies:
Dame Janet Primary Academy in Ramsgate
Newlands Primary School in Ramsgate
Weyfield Primary Academy in Guildford
Salmestone Primary School in Margate
Drapers Mills Primary Academy in Margate
As a team, we provide a range of expert guidance and support, by calling upon our diverseprofessional experiences and specialist knowledge. This includes providing support in areasof employee relations, wellbeing, recruitment and selection, equality and diversity, as well asleading in a number of projects.
Achieving the best educational outcomes for our 22,500 children and young people is at theheart of everything we do. We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven person to join ourteam who believes in the values and strategic vision for TKAT moving forwards.
This is an exciting new role within TKAT and has arisen through the introduction of the TKATthree-year strategic plan. #oneTKATfamily
Joining the 5 primary academies as the Regional Premises Manager you will work under theguidance of, and in partnership with the Regional Primary Business Manager supportingthem with strategic planning for estates and Health and Safety, compliance monitoring, day-to-day line management of the site teams, creating a robust support network for the schoolsand completing and owning administrative tasks.
There will also be the opportunity to get involved in project work aiding your own personalcareer development.
Who should apply?
We are looking for an excellent communicator who can inspire confidence and trust.
An organised individual that can multitask and respond to Estates and H&S matters in acalm, collected manner.
This role is perfect for someone who has a consolidated Estates and H&S background andis now looking to develop their generalist skills.
Experience working in an educational setting would be an advantage. The role will have aflexible approach to work where required with the ability to work independently as needed.
If you would like to have an informal discussion before applying, please contact Daniel More,Executive Business Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org the closing date.
Internal applicants should discuss with their line manager prior to submitting an expressionof interest for this role.
For this role, ideally you will have:
- Trained in Health & Safety, PAT testing, working at heights, manual handling Etc.
- Experience of mandatory H/S compliance including but not limited to Fire, Legionella,
Asbestos and Gas
- Experience of dealing with contractors on site for various tasks
- Experience of risk assessment, method statement and their delivery
- Level 2 NVQ in Literacy and Numeracy or GCSE Grade C equivalent
- Awareness of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
- Intermediate knowledge of ICT with an emphasis on on-site management and
- Previous experience of working within a premises role in a school or public building
- Experience of cleaning in a work environment
- Proven experience in carrying out maintenance in a school or similar organisation
- A working understanding of GDPR and confidentiality
- Ability to work in an organised manner and use own initiative
- Ability to solve problems and find solutions, demonstrating a methodical and logical
- A good attention to detail
- The ability to lead and manage a team
- The ability work to deadlines as required and drives performance within others
- The ability to maintain focus under pressure and prioritise workload appropriately
- Problem-solving skills, able to independently find solutions, but knows when to escalate
- Builds confidence with colleagues and schools by taking ownership and demonstrating an
understanding of issues and providing prompt resolution where possible.
Working for TKAT:
In return, as an employee of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT), you will benefit from:
- A wide variety of opportunities for professional development
- Opportunities to work flexibly, where possible
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Our support for your wellbeing at work, maintaining a healthy work/life balance
- On-site parking
- Free eye tests at Specsavers
- The option to join our employee discount scheme
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full Safer Recruitment process, including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps