Religious Studies / Philosophy Teacher
9 days remaining to apply
Start date details
11 June 2023 at 11:59pm
24 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hrs per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,817 - £44,302
What skills and experience we're looking for
Rochester Grammar School is seeking a teacher of Religious Studies. Rochester Grammar is a diverse community, welcoming students from a range of religious and non-religious backgrounds. Teaching Religious Studies here is a real privilege, as RGS students are curious about, and respectful of, other people’s beliefs.
Religious Studies is valued by both students and school leaders. All students study Religious Studies to GCSE level, and the department offers IB Philosophy in Key Stage 5. The department has achieved excellent results in recent years, and a number of our students have gone on to study Theology and Philosophy at leading universities.
You may be an experienced Religious Studies teacher, or in the early stages of your career. You should be passionate about the subject, and committed to developing your teaching skills and subject knowledge. The department has created its own teaching resources, allowing you to focus on the best way to teach a lesson, rather than planning from scratch. There are also excellent opportunities for training and career development available through the school and the wider TSAT trust.
What the school offers its staff
What our Trust will offer you:
- TSAT pay scales above national pay scales.
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy and Rochester Grammar School
- Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/ Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccination and eye care vouchers.
- Free parking in our secure staff car park
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff
- Refer a Friend incentive scheme
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About The Rochester Grammar School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1184 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Rochester Grammar School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
At The Rochester Grammar school we have the highest expectations of all of our learners in terms of their commitment to academic achievement, respect for others and contribution to the school community. We are proud to be a part of the family of schools that comprises The Thinking Schools Academy Trust and firmly believe in our united vision; transforming life chances for all our students and young people. Since 2007, RGS has offered the IB Diploma. This qualification supports the holistic development our students, both personally and academically, and we are proud to offer this prestigious course to our Sixth Form.
Arranging a visit to The Rochester Grammar School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
The Quest Academy
Farnborough Avenue, South Croydon, Surrey, CR2 8HD
St Edward's Church of England Academy
London Road, Romford, Essex, RM7 9NX
Teacher of RE, Humanities and Citizenship
Harris Academy Beckenham
Manor Way, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 3SJ
Lower High Street, Wadhurst, East Sussex, TN5 6AZ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Kent and Medway